Adrak hari mirch chai recipe, learn how to make this ginger green chilli tea with quick video and step by step pictures. You like hot tea after spicy snack? Then this one is just for you!
I have been recently in love with green chilli in drink, as in my kanthari drink post. From that time I wanted to try this hari mirch chai which I read about it in Instagram.
Many people love tea after a spicy snack, like how people I know love to have tea after chilli bajji. Though I am not that fan of that concept, I wanted to try this adrak hari mirch chai.
I used crushed ginger along chilli for flavor. You can skip it and simply make Hari mirchi ka chai. Some of my friends asked me doubt of adding ginger in tea makes the milk curdle.
I suggest to use old ginger rather than fresh ones. Always peel ginger properly before crushing. Still if you think it might curdle, chop and add instead of grating or crushing.
Adrak hari mirch chai recipe
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp tea powder
- ½ inch ginger crushed
- 2 slit green chilli
- 1 tsp sugar
- Boil ½ cup water, add 2 teaspoons tea powder to it. In goes crushed ginger,2 slit green chillies. Simmer for 2 mins.
- Add ½ cup milk, simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Filter through metal strainer. Mix a tsp of sugar to it.
- Keep the serving cup filled with hot water until you serve the tea in it. This helps tea keeping hot for long time. (Re use the hot water, do not waste)
1. Boil ½ cup water, add 2 teaspoons tea powder to it. In goes crushed ginger,2 slit green chillies. Simmer for 2 mins.
2. Add ½ cup milk, simmer for 2 more minutes.
3. Filter through metal strainer. Mix a tsp of sugar to it.
Enjoy hot with evening snacks/ biscuits