Simple aloo methi curry made without tomato. Sorry if I am boring you with methi posts… I posted methi theplas and now the next post comes Aloo methi …😗.I was waiting to post some other recipe than a methi recipe,but unfortunately I could not take any stepwise pictures of any other dish and also for this recipe too!🤦
|Methi leaves(without stem)||1 Cup tightly packed|
|Sambar powder (replace with red chilli powder)||1 & ½ tsp|
|Turmeric powder||¼ tsp|
- Clean the methi leaves and chop them coarsely,keep aside.
- Peel the potatoes,cube them and Parboil them.
- Heat kadai and add the tempering items in hot oil,followed by onion.
- Fry till onion turns golden brown and add the methi leaves and fry till it reduces in volume.
- Now add sambar powder,turmeric,salt and potato pieces.
- Sprinkle water and mix well and cook covered in low flame.
- Fry till potato turns golden brown and nice aroma comes.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve as an accompaniment for rice or for rotis!!