Aloo tikki is a simplest snack recipe with potato (potato patties). Learn how to make aloo tikki in this detailed step by step pictures post.
I make vegetable cutlet most of the times, but never made aloo tikki as snack. Though I have made it for ragda pattice chaat, never made it alone. Aj keep asking me to make it, but somehow, I never made it. It is so very similar to the stuffing I prepare for aloo paratha. I make aloo paratha very often for Aj’s lunch box. I just cook my potato in microwave as it gets cooked easily in couple of minutes, as well as no water retention in potato. This makes rolling easy.
So followed the same method of cooking potato in microwave for preparing aloo tikki too. We can add few ingredients more in addition to the basic aloo tikki I have posted here. But I like to keep it simple and easy.
Step by step pictures of aloo tikki preparation:
- First wash and clean potato. I cooked my potato in microwave method. You can follow the way you usually cook potato too. To cook potato in microwave, prick it with a knife or sharp item in few places*. Cook for 4-5 mins in high power turning the potatoes in between every one minute.
- Once done, let it cool down. Peel the skin and cut roughly. Mash with a potato masher without any lumps.
- Add corn flour, very finely chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, amchoor and cumin powder, salt. Mix well.
- Divide into equal sized balls (8-9). Flatten between your hands.
- Roll the sides to make it even. Repeat to finish all. Heat a pan and add 2 tsp of oil or ghee. Arrange the patties over the tawa and cook over medium flame.
- Cook both sides until it turns deep golden in colour.
Serve hot with green chutney and dates tamarind chutney.