Aval laddu or poha ladoo, just 3 main ingredients for this quick and easy recipe ready in 30 mins. One of the easiest ladoo recipes.
Krishna Jayanthi is only 2 days away, so are you still thinking what to make for the festival?
Are you scared of trying out the deep fried recipes like seedai, murukku and thattai?
Don’t worry, here is an easy recipe that has lord Krishna’s favorite – Aval / Poha and ghee.
Only 3 main ingredients and the laddu is ready within 30 mins. It tastes similar to our rava ladoo except for the flavour of poha instead rava.
I made it in small quantity, perfect for small families.
Check out this no onion no garlic lemon aval recipe.
Aval laddu recipe
- 1 cup Aval flattened rice/ Poha
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Ghee
- 3 Cashew nuts
- 8 Dried raisins
- 2 Cardamom
- Sieve the poha to get rid of any impurities. Remove large impurities by hand picking.
- Dry roast the poha until golden in colour. Cool down.
- Grind to make a flour/ fine powder. Grind sugar also with the cardamom seeds to fine powder.
- Heat ghee and break the cashews to very tiny pieces and fry until golden. Add raisin and fry till fluffy.
- Take the powdered ingredients in a mixing bowl and add the heated ghee to it.
- Mix well and take a hand full of mixture nad press inside your palm to make ladoos out of it.
- Make sure to roast the poha well and grind it finely.
- cardamom is must needed for lending a divine flavour.
- Use ghee and sugar as mentioned for perfect taste.
- Make sure to finely break the cashews and also do not add more than required, otherwise it will be difficult for shaping the ladoos.
- Ladoos are fragile, so carefully handle it. If not ground finely, it will be hard to hold its shape.
1. Sieve the aval firstly using a metal strainer, to get rid of any impurities. Remove large impurities by hand picking. Dry roast the poha until golden and crisp. Cool down.
2. Grind to make a flour/ fine powder. Grind sugar also with the cardamom seeds to fine powder.
3. Heat ghee and break the cashews to very tiny pieces and fry until golden. Add raisin and fry till fluffy.
4. Take the powdered ingredients in a mixing bowl and add the heated ghee to it. Mix well and make ladoos out of it.
Easy aval ladoo / poha laddus are ready to offer God, Krishna and enjoy the laddus! Poha, ghee and sugar with tangy raisins makes a wonderful combination!