Avocado milkshake recipe, is my latest try with avocado to include it and try consuming avocado. A simple milkshake with milk, banana, vanilla and honey.
I have tried guacamole before and posted it. Apart from it, I once tried avocado pesto, but did not like, I am not sure about the reason as I am not familiar with avocado that time. Probably it was not ripe?
Now one of my relative friend tried and asked me to try avocado milkshake. She tried with Ice cream, but I had no stock so tried it with banana. It turned out really rich, thick and delicious. Very filling too.
Do try for breakfast for your kid or yourself.
🥑 Choosing avocado
Choosing an avocado can be tricky. If you choose bright green and firm avocado, you will not be able to use immediately. Leave it in counter top and it will be good to use in couple of days. You will see the skin color change to deep green and soft to press too.
If it is already blackish green and soft when pressed, then you can use it same day or next day.
If it's blackish and too soft to touch then probably it's already over ripen. You may find spoilt inside.
- Make it vegan by using almond milk. Skip honey and use maple, coconut sugar or even date syrup.
- It's naturally gluten free, so no need to worry about it.
- Use a handful of baby spinach for more nutritional value.
💬 Related posts
Avocado milkshake recipe
- 1 Avocado ripe
- 1 Banana – 1
- 1.5 cups Milk chilled
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- 1 tablespoon Honey/ sugar – 1 tbsp
- Cut the avocado but running the knife along until you reach the seed. Gently hold the two parts and twist to open it.
- Gently strike and insert the knife inside the seed. Gently twist and lift it to discard it.
- Scoop and slice the avocado.
- Transfer the avocado, sliced banana, honey or sugar, milk and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth.
- You can freeze the banana for thick milkshake as well as cold one.
- Vanilla is optional (its not being shown in the video)You can use ice cream and skip vanilla essence.
- Adjust sweetness as per your need.
📸 Stepwise photos
1. First, cut the avocado but running the knife along until you reach the seed. Gently hold the two parts and twist to open it.
2. Gently strike and insert the knife inside the seed. Twist and lift it to discard it.
3. Scoop and slice the avocado.
4. Transfer the avocado, sliced banana, honey or sugar, milk and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth.
Serve cold. Rich, thick and smooth avocado milkshake.