We get baby corn golden fries in anandha bhavan restaurant here in Singapore with the name 🙂 Also we get it in hot chips restaurant, tastes great! This is nothing but our usual Baby corn Bajji. But I think in restaurants, the flour is different and also they add Ginger garlic paste … But I make it simple like this. Aj’s favourite snack…
- Baby corn - 10
- Gram flour/besan flour - ¼ cup
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- Asafetida - ⅛ tsp
- Chili powder - ½ tsp
- sodium bicarbonate /cooking soda -1 generous pinch
- Cumin seeds (Optional) -½ tsp
- salt - as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the above ingredients with required water,(except baby corn and oil),to a Idly/dosa batter consistency. Keep aside.
- Cut Baby corns into four in length wise Heat oil in a deep frying pan and when oil is hot enough,dip the baby corn slices in the batter and put it in oil for deep frying...
- Fry till golden colour and enjoy hot with Chili or tomato sauce.!! You can sprinkle chaat masala over it and have it. Tastes great!