Baby corn Masala recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 3
- Baby corn – 12-15
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp(Optional)
- Red chilli powder or sambar powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil,ghee mixed – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
(fry in oil)
- Onions — 1 Big
- Tomato — 2 Medium
- Ginger — a Small piece
- Garlic — 2 small cloves
- Green chillies – 2-4
To Grind (2)
- Coconut — 1 1/2 tbsp(optional)
- Cashew nut – 10
- Bay leaf – 1(optional)
- Elachi – 1
- Cinnamon – small piece
- Cloves – 2
- Cut baby corn to your desired shape..and pressure cook for 3 whistles and keep aside.
- Fry the cubed onions in a tsp of ghee/oil and grind it along with tomatoes,green chillies,ginger and garlic.(you can also substitute ginger and garlic with 1 tsp of ready made ginger garlic paste…)
- Heat the kadai with oil,ghee and add the tempering items followed by the above ground paste..
- Add turmeric,salt and garam masala powder,red chilli powder and mix well.
- Fry it in low flame for 5-8 minutes or till the oil leaves the sides of the kadai..(can stir it occasionally ,but take care not to burn..)
- Meanwhile grind cashew (coconut if using) to a smooth paste and add it and fry till oil separates(2 mins).
- Add the cooked baby corn and add water/milk, little by little to make it to a gravy and bring to boil in medium low flame.No high flame as there are chances of curdling of milk.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with chapati or fried rice..
You can also add panner cubes in this just like in Kribha’s baby corn paneer curry…
- Add paneer just 1 minute before you put off the stove.
- If you are adding paneer, immerse paneer cubes in hot water and just the moment you are going to add,drain the water and add it to korma..! Do not boil after u add paneer for more time,just bring to boil.
You can also add crisp fried capsicum,onion and tomato at the end and garnish to get a restaurant taste and look. I tried so and took a picture the other day,so here’s an update…Enjoyed with roti…