Banana chia smoothie with almonds to kick start a day with full of energy. Healthy and filling to keep you full in the morning.
Smoothies are perfect for breakfast. Quick to whip up and can be made nutritious as well.
Chia seeds has a lot of health benefits as it is rich in dietary fiber, protein, minerals, omega -3 fats. You can substitute chia seeds with flax seeds as well.
Smoothies are so versatile, that you can customize with your favorite fruit and add nutrition according to your needs.
Nuts are fiber rich, protein rich as well as packed with minerals. So smoothies are also best as post workout drink.
- I used frozen banana slices. You can freeze the banana for an hour to make it cold, so that the smoothie is cold. Also use chilled milk. Place everything in a blender and blend smoothly.
Serve immediately. Delicious as well as healthy and easy banana chia smoothie! I topped with a pinch of my favourite chocolate drink 🙂
Banana chia smoothie recipe
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup Milk
- 6 Almonds
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla
- I used frozen banana slices. You can freeze the banana for an hour to make it cold, so that the smoothie is cold.
- Also use chilled milk. Place everything in a blender and blend smoothly.
- You can first grind almonds with banana and little milk and then add rest of the milk.
- When I ground everything together, I got almond bits in between. I liked it very much, but if you want it smooth, you can first grind it smoothly to a paste.
- Or soak almonds for smooth texture.
- You can also add a dash of cinnamon powder to this smoothie.