Besan burfi recipe with coconut and ghee. Full video and step by step post. Chickpea flour, coconut, sugar and ghee as main ingredients.
I have been thinking to post this recipe in my website for couple of years now, but was afraid if I would get it right or not and about the ghee quantity that goes in. As Diwali is nearing, I was preparing some posts to line up. So this year I thought I should try this sweet right in the beginning itself, otherwise as usual will skip this. This is the first time I am trying this, but it was really easy to pull it off. As I have made few burfis earlier like badam burfi, carrot burfi, 7 cups burfi, this was really easy to make too. I reduced the ghee quantity that was mentioned in the cookbook to half as it was too much for me.
Check out my other variety of burfis too – Kesar khoya burfi, maida burfi, chocolate burfi.
But there is one more reason I am posting a sweet today. It’s 10 years of blogging for me at Rak’s Kitchen🙌🎉. Thank you so much from bottom of my heart to each and everyone of you, for keeping me motivated to continue doing this. For your continuous support in my Facebook page and Instagram with your genuine likes💖. And supporting me in all other ways.
I have also started sharing few of my recipes in tamil at Rakskitchen Tamil website. Do check it out if it would help you.
Besan coconut burfi video:
How to prepare besan coconut burfi step by step pictures
- Heat a pan with sugar and water just to immerse the sugar (1/2 cup). Continue boiling in medium flame until it reaches one string consistency.
- Add grated coconut, mix well. Add besan in sprinkled way and stir briskly without any lumps.
- After stirring for a minute, start adding ghee little by little and mix until it absorbs. Then add next batch, until you finish all the ghee. At one stage, the mixture will froth in sides, then from bottom. And lastly the whole mixture turns pale, fully frothy.
- Keep a tray ready, greased with ghee, lined with butter paper (optional). Pour the mixture and keep aside for setting. When the top dries, and feels warm enough to handle, invert and tap gently.
- Using a sharp mighty knife, cut into desired shapes. I cut into squares.
Enjoy the Besan coconut burfi 😃 Perfect for this Navaratri as well as Diwali celebrations.