Besan bread toast or bread besan toast is a quick after school snack, evening snack to enjoy with tea, coffee. Full video recipe, step by step pictures to learn easily.
I love savory toasts like besan bread toast. In my childhood days, bread is only bought when we were sick, no idea why. So it’s always plain toast mom makes or we have it as such when we were not well. Amma at times toasts with vengaya chutney (onion chutney) with ample amount of ghee and it tastes divine 😍. But these days Aj loves snacks prepared with bread. We make a lot of short cut sandwiches, toasts with leftovers at times too. Like chana masala sandwich, aloo paratha stuffing + cheese sandwich etc.
After trying sooji toast, besan toast was on my to try list. Finally tried the same way except for curd/ cream. It’s basically like a low fat bread pakora, the batter being spiced up and fortified with some ingredients. I added onion, capsicum, tomato. You can also add vegetables like carrot or cabbage to make it more healthy.
Couple of things to remember, finely chop the veggies you add – grate or use food processor if you are not good at chopping that finely or you want the work done more easily. Besan should be more than the vegetables. Always make and have it hot.
Step by step besan toast recipe:
- Finely chop onion, capsicum, deseeded tomato, green chilli, coriander leaves. In a mixing bowl, take besan and all chopped items. Add salt, ajwain/ cumin, turmeric, asafoetida and mix well.
- Pour water little by little to make thick batter.
- Heat tawa, drizzle a tsp of oil. Spread the prepared batter as thin coating to the bread. Invert the bread carefully to the tawa so that batter spread side is down.
- Let it cook in medium flame while pressing gently with a spatula on top. Once the besan batter is cooked, spread the batter over the top side too.
- Drizzle oil over and flip. Cook 30 more seconds or until the toast turns golden.