Bhel puri paratha inspired stuffing for paratha makes a tasty chatpata paratha. Paratha preparation with step by step pictures.
If you have any leftover bhel puri that you want to finish off but turned soft, you can roll them to parathas!
I saw this idea of Bhel puri paratha from a restaurant menu, while browsing instagram.
I have heard about sev paratha, have not tried though. So thought it was an excellent one to try as I always love stuffed parathas.
- Pori/ Mamra - 1 cup
- Sev - ¾ cup
- Onion - 1
- Potato, cooked - 1
- Green chilli - 1
- Coriander leaves, chopped - ¼ cup
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Chaat masala - 1 tsp
- Lemon - ½
- Green chutney - 1 tsp
- Sweet chutney - 1 tsp
- Wheat flour/Atta - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Water - as needed
Step by step photos
- To make stuffing, in a mixing bowl, add puffed rice, sev, finely chopped - onion, coriander leaves, green chilli, mashed potato, chilli powder, chaat masala, lemon, green chutney, sweet chutney and mix well.
- Add salt if needed as chaat masala has salt in it.
2. Take flour, salt in a mixing bowl. Add oil and enough water to make a soft dough.
3. Set aside for minimum 10 mins. Divide into 5 equal sized balls.
4. Spread the rolled dough into a thick disc. Place equal sized stuffing inside and seal by covering it with the dough from all the sides.
5. Flatten and dust well. Roll out carefully into thick parathas.
6. Heat tawa and cook both sides until golden spots appear.
Serve with any raita or Khatta meetha chutney.