Bhel puri paratha inspired stuffing for paratha makes a tasty chatpata paratha. Paratha preparation with step by step pictures.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pushcart.
I saw this idea of Bhel puri paratha from a restaurant menu, while browsing instagram.
I have heard about sev paratha, have not tried though. So thought it was an excellent one to try as I always love stuffed parathas.
So added as much as possible ingredients to bring a chaat feel to prepare bhel puri stuffed paratha.
To reader friends in Singapore, I have been using Pushcart for my Indian grocery shopping online.
I so far love their service. Do give it a try to experience yourself. They have wide range of products, keep adding top brands and they are open for suggestions.
Recently they have added India gate basmati rice, Amul products, even Sri Murugan rage of products available with them.
Do check out their frozen section too for Ready to cook, Ready to Eat items which would save your time. It will be really helpful for bachelors.
Save your trip to Little India and the products are delivered at your doorstep the very next day, in your chosen convenient time.
Step by step photos
- To make stuffing, in a mixing bowl, add puffed rice, sev, finely chopped - onion, coriander leaves, green chilli, mashed potato, chilli powder, chaat masala, lemon, green chutney, sweet chutney and mix well.
- Add salt if needed as chaat masala has salt in it.
2. Take flour, salt in a mixing bowl. Add oil and enough water to make a soft dough.
3. Set aside for minimum 10 mins. Divide into 5 equal sized balls.
4. Spread the rolled dough into a thick disc. Place equal sized stuffing inside and seal by covering it with the dough from all the sides.
5. Flatten and dust well. Roll out carefully into thick parathas.
6. Heat tawa and cook both sides until golden spots appear.
Serve with any raita or Khatta meetha chutney.
Nice recipe!! My husband loved it.