There is a restaurant called “Muthu’s curry” here in Singapore.where we had a chance to try this “brinjal Masala”(how they named the dish).Even my husband who doesn’t likes Brinjal said it tastes good.And in this muthu’s curry we can find more of Chinese people visiting as a regular customers. So if any one who in future have a chance to visit Singapore, don’t forget to taste this curry.
I tried to make this curry after tasting this in that restaurant.It came out not exactly, but similar to that. My hubby too certified its good.
- Brinjal — 5
- Onion — 1
- Tomato — 3
- Green chilli — 2
- Curry powder — 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric — 1/4 tsp
- Corn flour — 1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves — 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves — 1 sprig
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chop onions,tomatoes and slit the green chillies…keep aside.
- Cut brinjals into medium sized pieces as shown in picture and keep immersed in water till you cook.
- Heat a kadai with oil and add the tempering items,followed by onions,chillies,curry leaves and fry till onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes with salt and cook till tomatoes turns just mushy.
- Pour 1 & 1/4 cup of water and add turmeric,coriander leaves and curry powder to it and bring to boil.
- In goes cut brinjal , stir well and cook covered for 5-7 minutes…till brinjal gets cooked soft..
- At the end if needed add corn flour to thicken the gravy.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves…goes well with plain rice and variety rice!!
Time took approximately – 25 mins
This dish I am sending to Grindless gravies event … conducted by our blogger friend SRA….from the blog When my soup came alive!!!Still there’s more than a month’s time..Then too I can’t wait to send this to her event “Grindless gravies”.