I tried to make this curry after tasting this in that restaurant…It came out not exactly….but similar to that….My hubby too certified its good…;D .
- Brinjal — 5
- Onion — 1
- Tomato — 2
- Green chilli — 2
- Curry powder — 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric — 1/4 tsp
- Corn flour — 1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves — 1 tblsp
- Curry leaves — 1 sprig
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chop onions,tomatoes and slit the green chillies…keep aside.
- Cut brinjals into medium sized pieces as shown in picture and keep immersed in water till you cook.
- Heat a kadai with oil and add the tempering items,followed by onions,chillies,curry leaves and fry till onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes with salt and cook till tomatoes turns just mushy.
- Add 1 1/4 cup of water and add turmeric,coriander leaves and curry powder to it and bring to boil.
- Add the cut brinjal , stir well and cook covered for 5-7 minutes…till brinjal gets cooked soft..
- At the end if needed add corn flour to thicken the gravy.
- Granish with chopped coriander leaves…goes well with plain rice and variety rice!!
Time took approximately – 25 mins
This dish I am sending to Grindless gravies event … conducted by our blogger friend SRA….from the blog When my soup came alive!!!Still there’s more than a month’s time..Then too I can’t wait to send this to her event “Grindless gravies”.