Cantaloupe popsicle with a hint of lemon is an easy summer treat for your entire family that you can prepare in easy steps.
Cantaloupe is one fruit I love just for that lovely colour. I wanted to try popsicle with it for this summer. I love melons varieties like rockmelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon that we get here. These fruits never make me miss kirini pazham. So often buy honeydew melon, Vj likes to have it in juice form. The juice doesn’t need any straining, so perfect for the lazy me. I like to have it as fruit, though it should be chilled.
Cantaloupe has a very pleasant flavour which reflects even in popsicle form. The small hint of lemon flavour adds an extra zing to this popsicle. You can any melon and prepare summer treat for your family.
- Cut the cantaloupe into two as shown in picture. Scoop the seeds in the middle using a spoon. Slice the skin off the fruit using a mighty sharp knife and cut into cubes.
- Grind smoothly with sugar, without any water.
- Add lemon zest (scrape the skin of lemon using a fine grater) and mix lemon juice.
- Pour into popsicle mould, freeze overnight.
- To un-mould, show under running tap water for 30 seconds, pull gently.
Enjoy the frozen treat with your family!