An easy cheese dip with simple ingredients. Goes well with chips, nachos, crackers etc.
I made this couple of months ago when I made tortilla chips for kungumam thozi. I should have posted this long time back, but somehow missed to post it.
I made this again when I needed a cheesy dip for the Italian paratha, my previous post. The cheesy dip with Italian paratha combo is what attracted me most and made me try Italian paratha.
This went well with both the tortilla chips earlier and these Italian parathas as well!
Simple and easy to prepare too. It is very similar to the way we prepare white sauce, but more cheese to make it's consistency needed for a dip. Adapted from here.
Cheese dip recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Continental | Recipe Category: Snack
Prep Time: 2 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 3
Click here for cup measurements
Butter – 1 tbsp
All purpose flour – 1 tbsp
Milk – ½ cup
Cheddar cheese, grated – ½ cup
Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
Bird’s eye chilli – ½
Lemon juice – from ½ of a lemon
Salt – As needed
Optional - Onion powder or Garlic powder ¼ tsp
- In a pan, heat butter. Put the flame to low and add flour. Whisk gently to roast it.
2. Once the raw smell goes off, add milk as you keep mixing.
3. Add red chilli powder, mix. Bring to boil (Keep the flame always low or medium). Add onion powder or garlic powder if adding now.
4. Add grated cheese and keep mixing until the cheese melts.
5. Switch off the flame. Lastly add lemon juice and mix.
- The flame should never be high, otherwise the dip will curdle.
- You can skip lemon, but I like it tangy.
- You can add Jalapeno seasoning if you want it smell like a nachos dip.
- It gets thick as it cools down, so consume as soon as you make it.
Top with chopped chilli or chilli flakes and some Italian seasoning to serve.
Hi, how long can this be stored?
Alboni - Boni's Healthy Twists
Cheessy kids will love it !!!
Absolutely yum! Loved it with Italian paratha! Thanks for awesome recipes 🙂 your blog has become my go-to!
Hi near the cheese dip there is somthing in cup red in color can u plz tell what is that
It's tomato salsa. You can use the search option to get the recipe
hi how long can this dip be stored
It stays good only fresh. So don't recommend to store in fridge. Make and consume freshly.