Chilli garlic vegetable with readymade red rice idiyappam/ sevai. Simple yet tasty way to prepare red rice idiyappam.
In this recipe, I used red rice ready to cook idiyappam, I am sure will work with regular instant sevai too. Red rice is healthier option. I have not used red rice in my cooking so far. But always had a wish to try. I have posted few idiyappam varieties here. So wanted to try something else from the regular idiyappam varieties.
For Singapore reader friends:
I have used instant red rice idiyappam from Authentic Aromaz and it is really good. This is similar to the rice sevai available in market and the prep process also almost same. Soak the instant idiyappam in hot boiling water for 5 mins, keep aside and drain to use in your recipe. Prepare the idiyappam this way and you can make any idiyappam or sevai variety you usually prepare, like tomato sevai, coconut sevai etc.,
Akshayam approached me for creating recipe a with their product. She has passion towards providing healthy products such as organic millets, ready to eat millet products, naatu sakkarai, etc.
With No preservatives, No additives, preserving the authentic taste and flavour.
This chilli garlic vegetable idiyappam was really tasty and filling too. Best way to consume red rice idiyappam.
- Place the red rice idiyappam in a wide bowl and add boiling hot water to immerse the idiyappam. Keep covered for 5 mins.
- Once done, drain water in a metal strainer and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic. Once it slightly changes colour, add red chilli flakes. Add chopped carrot and beans. Stir fry for a minute.
- In goes cabbage, continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Add required salt, prepared idiyappam and switch off the flame. Mix well in the heat so that salt is mixed properly.
P.s. This is a sponsored post for Authentic Aromaz range of products.