Chilli paneer dry is a fusion recipe, Indian cottage cheese cubes are tossed in a balanced manchurian sauce. Step by step pictures and full video, for easy understanding to beginners.
Few weeks back I realized I make only few repeated paneer dishes at home which we all got bored of🙄…
Then I saw this easy Chilli paneer dry recipe in a cookbook I borrowed from library.
I just can't wait to try it 🤩, it was very simple yet one of the favorite style of recipe which my kid loves…
He loves Indo Chinese fusions like Gobi Manchurian etc... He enjoyed it a lot as I expected👸.
So I thought I will share here too, how to make chilli paneer dry like restaurant at home.
Let's learn in easy steps and do not forget to check out the notes section for tips and tricks!
- Pepper and garlic are the two things I love in this recipe. So make sure to add lots of garlic.
- If you are not a big fan of black pepper, you can try adding half the pepper while tempering. This gives a different flavor to the recipe, in good way.
- Tossing in high flame gives restaurant flavor.
How to make perfect street food style/ Restaurant style chilli paneer dry?
- Don't skimp on garlic and ginger (if adding) as this forms the base.
- Add spice to the recipe - Green chilli, black pepper and kashmiri chilli powder if you want color as well. If you want more heat, instead of slit chilli, you can add finely chopped ones.
- Balance the spice with vinegar or lemon juice and the sauces.
- A sweet sauce or adding sugar will make it taste perfectly balanced.
For batter frying paneer
- Though I have not done it, you can also add a little bit of spice like pepper powder or chilli powder to the batter.
- If your batter is too thick, while tossing, it might come off from the paneer. So make sure to prepare batter just to coat the paneer.
- Another tip for the outer layer to stay intact with the paneer - after soaking, you can coat the paneer cubes with a tablespoon of all purpose flour or corn flour. Then dip it in the batter.
- Using cold water will give crispier result. Also you can use chilled plain soda in place of water. This gives airy lighter results.
In street food, they even double fry the paneer cubes for super crisp results in chilli paneer dry.
Chilli paneer dry recipe
- 1.5 cups Paneer cubed - 200 gm
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Onion
- 4 Green chilli
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chilli tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice or 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Pepper powder black
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoon Coriander chopped
- 2 tablespoon Spring onion I skipped
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - As needed for deep frying
- 1.5 tablespoon Maida/ all purpose flour
- 1.5 tablespoon Corn flour Corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder I did not add, but recommend
- 1 Pinch Cooking soda
- Salt - As needed
- Keep paneer immersed in hot water firstly until use. This ensures soft results.
- Make a batter out of all purpose flour, cooking soda, corn flour and salt. The batter consistency should not too thick, just it has to coat the paneer.
- Deep fry the paneer cubes by dipping them in this batter, drain in paper towel.
- Cube the onion, capsicum, slit the green chillies and crush the garlic flakes roughly. You can very finely chop the garlic too and use.
- Heat a wide pan with 2 teaspoon oil and add garlic, green chillies, give a fry. Add the onion and fry till transparent.
- And then add the capsicum. Give a stir in high flame.
- Reduce flame and add the sauces, pepper salt and mix well.
- Add the deep fried paneer cubes and mix in the lemon juice.
- Toss well until everything blends evenly.
- Lastly add the coriander leaves and transfer to the serving dish. (You can add spring onions too)
- My cubed capsicum in cup measurement - ¾ cup to 1 cup.
- You can add finely chopped ginger along with garlic.
- Using ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder gives attractive color.
- Goes well with fried rice or can have as starter.
- Eat hot!
- If you want to avoid deep frying, just use the paneer cubes as such and proceed with the recipe.
Chilli paneer dry step by step
Deep frying for chilli paneer dry:
- Keep paneer immersed in hot water until use to soften it firstly.
- After that, make a batter out of all purpose flour, corn flour, cooking soda pepper powder (if adding) and salt.
- The batter consistency should not be too thick, just it has to coat the paneer.
- Furthermore, deep fry the paneer cubes by dipping them in this batter. Drain in paper towel.
Make chilli paneer dry:
1. Cube the onion, capsicum, slit the green chillies and crush the garlic flakes roughly. You can very finely chop the garlic too and use.
2. Furthermore, heat a wide pan with a tablespoon of oil and add garlic, green chillies, give a fry. After that, add the cubed onion and fry till transparent.
3. Then add the cubed capsicum. Give a stir in high flame. Reduce flame and add the sauces, pepper, salt and mix well.
4. Finally, add the deep fried paneer cubes and mix in the lemon juice and toss well until everything blends evenly.
Lastly add the coriander leaves and transfer to the serving dish. (You can add spring onions too).
Serve chilli paneer dry hot for best taste. Goes well with fried rice as side dish or even as starter.