Chocolate peda recipe with khoya, cocoa powder and sugar as main ingredients. With step by step pictures. Easy recipe made with khoya for this Diwali. Kids will love this!
I bought frozen khoya recently in Mustafa and was thinking what to make prepare with it. I wanted to try something this Diwali for kids. So decided to prepare Chocolate peda. I knew with khoya it will turn out deliciously good and kids will definitely love this. Even everyone at home will love this.
The procedure is very simple, just heat all the ingredients together and cook, and you are done with this chocolate peda. I love all varieties of peda available in sweet shops, even Aj love it. But haven’t tried or tasted chocolate peda before. Since Diwali is nearing, you can make this quickly for your kids and treat them. Since cocoa powder is there, I am sure it will be a hit amongst them.
How to make chocolate peda step by step pictures
- Take khoya, cocoa powder, sugar, chopped almonds and butter in a heavy bottomed pan. Mix well over medium flame.
- As we heat, it will melt and become watery. Add vanilla essence and continue cooking.
- It will start leaving the sides, yet should continue cooking. At a stage, the whole mixture gets thicker and as a single mass. Switch off the flame and transfer to another plate for cooling. The one in plate is after it became warm.
- Once warm enough to handle divide into 11-12 equal sized balls. Grease your hands and shape it as pedas. I just used a lid, added few sliced almonds to the bottom. Flattened the khoya coco mixture in it.
- Shape it well and take out to arrange over a butter paper/ baking sheet. refrigerate for 30 mins before serving.
Chocolate peda tastes great with added almond crunch in it. You can skip the nuts too.