Grilled chocolate sandwich is an easy snack or breakfast for kids or yourself as a treat. Quick and delicious idea with things in pantry.
I got this grilled chocolate sandwich idea when I saw a post in CFG about a sandwich shop that serves numerous sandwiches at Chennai. When I went through the menu they have, it was really tempting.
Some sandwiches had only an ingredient variation, still since it’s a restaurant, I think it’s ok to have those variations for the customer’s choice. Out of all the sandwiches, I loved the idea of Chocolate sandwich.
It sounded really tempting and I am sure many of you already have started drooling 🤤. Kids would surely love to have it. It was my long time wish to have a griller / sandwich maker.
I love golden lines that the griller lay over the breads. It look gorgeous. So I was finding a good time to buy it, coz, I already have a triangle sandwich maker (which is a second one while the first one got spoilt) and a spongebob toaster for my kid who is a Sponge bob fan (me as well).
So I was thinking why to buy another one and kept postponing. But other day when we went to Courts Mega store, I saw a good deal for sandwich maker with 3 interchangeable plates – griller, waffle maker and a regular triangle one that I already had.
There was a griller alone too, but Vj told me to buy a better one as there was no much price difference. So I happily bought that one and immediately next day, I tried this grilled chocolate sandwich😉.
So what are you waiting for? You can please your kid with their favorite fruits like banana, kiwi or strawberry and try this out for their breakfast or snack. They are sure gonna love it and say mom I love you 😍.
Even you can have it, if you are a chocolate lover to quench your sudden chocolate cravings. With only 4 simple ingredients, you will sure hook to this. You can replace chocolate with nutella too.
You can also sprinkle some grated cheese or a sandwich cheese slice along. It will taste good.
💬 Related posts
Check our my other sandwich recipes here
Grilled chocolate sandwich
Equipments (Amazon Affiliate links)
- sandwich maker
- 4 Bread slices
- ½ cup Choco chips approx
- 1 Banana
- Butter - To grease
- Gather all the ingredients, slice the fruit thin.
- Prepare your sandwich maker as per the instructions given in your user manual.
- Heat it, grease with butter generously, place the bread, spread a layer of choco chips, arrange the fruit slices.
- Place another bread slice to cover it and close the lid. Toast for 3 minutes or as per your need.
- You can use nutella in place of choco chips, fruits can be of your choice.
- Spread butter on the top and bottom for more crispy and even browning results.
- Choco chips can be semi sweet, sweet or bitter sweet according to your taste preference.
- Do not over load with choco chips because it may over flow while getting toasted.
📸 Stepwise photos
1. Gather all the ingredients, slice the fruit thin. Prepare your sandwich maker as per the instructions given in your user manual. Heat it, grease with butter generously, place the bread, spread a layer of choco chips, arrange the fruit slices.
2. Place another bread slice to cover it and close the lid. Toast for 3 minutes or as per your need.
Cut into triangles and serve with more fruits and a fruit juice or milk to go with it.