Chocolate strawberry overnight oats is one of the best make ahead breakfast recipes. With natural sweetener, have a healthy and hearty breakfast.
Who doesn't like chocolate for breakfast? With added strawberry flavor? It is just delicious and so satisfying. I have never tried or tasted overnight oats until for my television episode. But totally loved it.
I am a big fan of chocolate and strawberry combo. This overnight oats is a perfect one for me. I would say it's a dessert for breakfast. Love it so much.
The best thing about overnight oats is the convenience of having your breakfast ready in the morning in your hands. You are eating fruits, milk, yogurt as well. I can't wait to try out other flavours of overnight oats.
When it comes to oats, you need variety. Otherwise we get bored. We can make a wide variety of overnight oats with lots of combinations. I will try to post some.
If you are bored of sweet oats, you can mix it with the other recipes to suit our Indian taste buds. I already posted few variety of Indian style recipes with oats, you can check it out.
You can also make this more nutritious and pudding like texture by adding chia seeds. Tip in some protein powder or chopped nuts like almonds, pistachios for protein factor. Check out my other Indian oats recipes.
Chocolate strawberry overnight oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder unsweetened
- 6 fresh strawberries
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup greek yogurt or as needed
- 1 tablespoon honey or as needed
- In a mason jar, place oats. Pour milk over it.
- Add yogurt, coca powder, honey to it.
- Mix well. Keep it closed overnight in fridge.
- Chop fresh strawberries and top before serving. You can top the oats with strawberries overnight too.
- Next day, the oats will be perfect to consume with right consistency.
- You can add a pinch of salt, but I found the taste to be balanced, not flat taste in this particular recipe.
- Fruits can be topped and kept overnight. Or freshly cut and topped at the time of serving, it's your choice.
- You can prepare overnight oats for 5 days of a week and keep refrigerated.
Step by step photos:
1. In a mason jar, place oats.
2. Pour milk over it.
3. Add yogurt.
4. In goes cocoa powder and honey.
5. Mix well. Keep it closed overnight in fridge.
6. Chop fresh strawberries and top before serving. You can top the oats with strawberries overnight too.
7. Next day, the oats will be perfect to consume with right consistency.
You can prepare overnight oats for 5 days of a week and keep refrigerated. Delicious, chocolatey breakfast!