Pizza hut style cinnamon bread sticks recipe with cinnamon sugar glaze. Detailed step by step pictures recipe.
I have not tasted any dessert that has cinnamon in it, except for the fruit cake I tried. I loved it. Other than that, I have not tasted anything like a crumble or pie with cinnamon flavour. I wish to, but didn’t get chance. For the first time, I tasted cinnamon bread sticks from pizza hut at a get together. Me and Aj loved it and decided to try at home. I made it simply with what I had in mind and saw in few websites. I stuck to my pizza base recipe and the glaze as in my sugar cookies, except that I made it thin.
I realized that I made thicker still than I tasted. Also I added a wee bit more than needed cinnamon powder that I had in stock. Nevertheless we enjoyed it fully and finished in no time. Perfect treat for your kids and can be easily prepared too.
How to make cinnamon bread sticks step by step pictures:
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt and yeast. Mix milk and water and heat it just luke warm. Dissolve sugar in it. Now add this milk and oil/ butter to the flour and mix.
- Make a smooth dough. Knead for 5 minutes. Keep aside covered with a cling wrap. Preferably in a warm place. I keep inside the oven with oven light ON. After an hour or 1 & 1/2 hour, the dough would have doubled and risen.
- Punch it down and knead well again. Roll into thick round.
- Transfer to pizza pan. Cut into strips, no need to fully cut out, just make marks. I realize I cut broader, but cut more thin so that it resembles stick. Preheat oven at 190 deg C and brush the bread sticks generously with milk. Bake for 14 mins or until pale golden.
- Prepare glaze by mixing icing sugar, cinnamon, milk, vanilla extract.
- Once the bread is warm, spread over it and cut out to serve.
Enjoy warm. Perfect as snack after meals or evening snack for kids.