Cluster beans stir fry prepared with coriander leaves, mint, ginger and green chillies, a tasty accompaniment for rice, gravy.
I prepare kothavarangai poriyal, kothavarangai paruppu usili, kothavarangai sambar.
Always look for some different recipes to try. When my Chithi told this recipe (she saw in a cookery shot in TV), I was excited to know a new recipe using cluster beans.
Tried as soon as I came here to Singapore. It turned out good and was a welcome change.
I love stir fry without coconut and loved this too. Just that cluster beans take a lot of time to cook.
I make a simple beans mezhukkupuratti, this one was a little more ingredients but I knew I would love this as it's very similar.
Cluster beans curry recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Accompaniments
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2 | Author: Raks anand
- Cluster beans - 2 cups (1 inch pieces)
- Turmeric - ⅛ tsp
- To grind to a paste
- Coriander leaves - ½ cup, loosely filled
- Ginger - ½ inch piece
- Green chilli - 3
- Salt - As needed
- To temper
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- You can use mint leaves in place of coriander.
- Skip ginger if you don't like.
- Using coconut oil is best, make sure you use virgin coconut oil (edible)
Step by step pictures
- Grind coriander leaves, ginger, green chilli, salt into a paste, using little water if needed.
- Take clean cluster beans, cut into 1 inch piece. Add the ground paste and mix well. Set aside for 20 mins.
- Heat a kadai, temper with mustard, curry leaves. Add cluster beans and cook for 4 mins.
- Sprinkle little water and cook covered for 10 more minutes, or until done. Add more coconut oil if needed. Once the cluster beans is done switch off the flame.
Serve as accompaniment for rice.
Leave a Reply