Khoya rava coconut ladoo prepared by steaming method. Soft delectable ladoos rolled in desiccated coconut.
This is an easy and rich ladoo recipe with unique preparation of steaming the ingredients together.
My friend Sangeeta told this recipe almost 2 years back. But I had forgotten and every now and then she used to remind me posting this recipe.
Due to khoya in the recipe, I used to postpone. I promised her I will sure try for Diwali.
This is very easy and different sweet that we make regularly for Diwali. I made this today and thought will post today this easy Diwali recipe that you can make in just 45 mins.
Wishing you all a very Happy, Prosperous and safe Diwali 🤩.
Check out my other Ladoo Recipes
Khoya rava coconut ladoo
- 1 cup Coconut grated
- ¾ cup Rava Sooji
- 1 cup Sweetened khoya Paal kova
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 12 Raisin
- 8 Cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoon Ghee
- Desiccated coconut optional
- In a flat bottomed vessel, mix coconut, rava, khoya well.
- Add milk at room temperature and mix.
- Steam it for 30 mins. I used my pressure cooker itself without the weight valve (Whistle).
- Once done, fluff it and bring to warm temperature. Add ghee fried cashew nuts and raisins.
- Powder sugar and add it to the cooked mixture and mix well.
- Make equal sized balls to ladoos. If desired, roll with desiccated coconut.
- Do not add powdered sugar when the mixture is hot.
- Adjust sugar quantity as per your taste. ½ cup was perfect for our taste.
- If you do not have sweetened khoya, you can use the plain khoya and prepare the same way. Add more sugar when done.
- I used milk peda from Murugan idli shop. Any brown palgova should work for this recipe.
- My friend did not ask me to roll the ladoo over desiccated coconut. But I did as I wanted to give it a pretty look as well as the flavour of desiccated coconut.
1. In a flat bottomed vessel, mix coconut, rava, khoya well.
2. Add milk at room temperature and mix.
3. Steam it for 30 mins. I used my pressure cooker itself without the weight valve (Whistle).
4. Once done, fluff it and bring to warm temperature. Add ghee fried cashew nuts and raisins.
5. Powder sugar and add it to the cooked mixture and mix well.
6. Make equal sized balls to ladoos. If desired, roll with desiccated coconut.
Place each ladoo in mini muffin liner to make it more appealing and serve. Should be consumed within 2-3 days and kept always refrigerated.