Coriander lemon rice is a simple recipe with just coriander leaves and lemon juice mixed with cooked rice. Easily adapt this recipe with lime.
This is inspired from the Mexican dish – cilantro lime rice, which I saw in Facebook feed and found the recipe in Martha Stewart's website.
Just grinding the leaves with rest of the ingredients, mix with cooked rice and the flavour is amazing.
You can make this with leftover rice too. I had this with potato curry and it was perfect for my taste bud.
This has been in my drafts for long time, do try this simple recipe and stay tuned for more interesting recipes coming up.
You can use this recipe as side or in burrito.
This is suitable for Indian tastebuds like many of Mexican recipes and simple vegetarian dish for your get together or parties.
Coriander lemon rice instructions
- Remove the root, clean the leaves. Grind with the other ingredients and little water to smooth paste.
2. Mix this paste with cooked rice (Fluffy and separate grains) and serve.
This is meant to be served as accompaniment along with Mexican main dish. Still I had with potato curry and it was awesome.
Coriander lemon rice
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- ½ cup Coriander leaves
- 1 Lemon or lime
- 1 Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt as needed
- Remove the root, clean the leaves firstly.
- Grind with the other ingredients and little water to smooth paste.
- Mix this paste with cooked rice (Fluffy and separate grains) and serve.
- I used basmati rice, but any other rice like jasmine rice, white short grain or brown rice also should work.
- The coriander mixture can be a bit coarse too.
- Adjust salt, olive oil to your taste.