Corn cheese sandwich is an excellent snack for tea time or for lunch box too. Quite filling with favorite sweet corn and cheese. Full video and step by step pictures recipe.
Super easy and quick sandwich for lunch box or even for back from school snack.
Sweet corn – I have used frozen corn which is really handy for quick fix, but you can use fresh corn too.
Cheese – For any sandwich I like to use frozen shredded mozarella. This melts just right and doesn’t spoil the sandwich maker.
If cheese slices are used, it easily oozes out making it difficult to clean the machine.
Chilli – It actually makes the sandwich more flavorful. You can also substitute with red chilli flakes. If making for kids, go easy with either of them.
You can use colorful capsicum along or even onion.
Corn cheese sandwich recipe
- 1 cup Sweet corn
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese , grated
- 2 Green chilli very finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 Bread slices
- Salt as needed
- Butter as needed
- Pressure cook sweet corn with required salt, water to just immerse, for 2 whistles.
- Once cooked, drain water completely.
- Add cheese, finely chopped chilli, Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Heat the sandwich maker. I used grill attachment.
- Spread the prepared stuffing over a slice of bread, generously.
- Cover on top with another slice and smear with butter.
- Place this sandwich over the greased sandwich maker.
- Toast for a minute or until the bread turns golden.
- Once done, cut into triangles to serve.
- You can use black pepper powder too instead of green chilli.
- Make sure to finely chop green chilli, otherwise you may not stand the spice if bitten.
- Mozzarella works best. Or if you are convenient with other type of cheese, you can use.
- Grease the sandwich maker well to avoid sandwich sticking to the plates.
- If you do not have sandwich maker, you can toast the same over tawa, but do in low flame.
- Pressure cook sweet corn with required salt for 2 whistles.
- Once cooked, drain water completely. Add cheese, finely chopped chilli, italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Heat the sandwich maker. I used grill attachment. Spread the prepared stuffing over a slice of bread, generously. Cover on top with another slice and smear with butter.
- Place this sandwich over the greased sandwich maker. Toast for a minute or until the bread turns golden. Once done, cut into triangles to serve.
Enjoy hot as such or tomato sauce in side.