Crispy potato corn toast, a super delicious snack for the kids, family with mashed potato and corn on the toast. You can jazz it up more with some cheese on top.
Last week Vj took off from his regular office routine as he worked over past few weekends.
Then we went for a small shopping at IKEA and later went out for lunch to Mayura at Siglap.
I have been there 2 times before. This time we went there after a long time.
And they had this Crispy corn triangles as newly introduced starter and recommended the same.
So we tried it as it sounded interesting. Then realised it was nothing but toast with corn and mashed potato over it.
I loved it except the fact it was too oily. And wanted to try at home too. It was slightly different from what I made, but sure I got it equally delicious😍.
The one we had there was having a gooey topping that’s the main thing I could see, otherwise its same.
Vj told they must have used cheese, but I didn’t use as this by itself was too yummy!
This is a great snack after kids are back from school.
Now being holidays here in Singapore, with Aj at home, I have tough time deciding what to give him as evening snacks.
So thought this is perfect time to try this out. Its so simple, easy to make and has all kids favorite things in it. Try it out, even you and your family would love it.
- Pressure cook corn and potato for 3-4 whistles with little water. Mash potatoes well and add coriander leaves, corn, black pepper powder, salt to it. If you want, you can add some ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese at this stage.
2. Mix well. Pre heat oven at 180 deg C. Trim the sides of the bread. Cut diagonally to make it into triangles.
3. Spoon the prepared potato corn mix 1 tblsp over each triangle.
Drizzle olive oil generously in the baking try (I lined it with aluminium foil) and arrange the bread slices over it.
Again, drizzle more olive oil over the slices.
You can use melted butter in place of olive oil if you want.
4. Once oven is preheated to the set temperature, bake it for 12-14 mins or until the bread slices starts turning golden and crisp.
When the toast is done, just smear it with softened butter and serve immediately with tomato sauce or even as such it is good to have.
Crispy potato corn toast
- 6 Bread slices
- 2 Potato
- ½ cup Corn
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon Chopped coriander leaves
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- Pressure cook corn and potato for 3-4 whistles with little water.
- Mash potatoes well and add coriander leaves, corn, black pepper powder, salt to it.
- Mix well. Pre heat oven at 180 deg C. Trim the sides of the bread.
- Cut diagonally to make it into triangles.
- Spoon the prepared potato corn mix 1 tablespoon over each triangle.
- Drizzle olive oil generously in the baking try (I lined it with aluminium foil) and arrange the bread slices over it.
- Drizzle more olive oil over the slices.
- Once oven is preheated to the set temperature, bake it for 12-14 mins or until the bread slices starts turning golden and crisp.
- You can very well make this over stove top too, just shallow fry these as you do cutlets. That is, the bottom of the bread should get fried crispy.
- Instead of pepper powder, you can use de seeded chopped green chillies in place of it.
- You can mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in the potato corn mixture.
- You can mix 2 tblsp grated cheese too in the mixture, but do not add more than that.
- Oil should be generously used, otherwise it will be too dry.
- The potato corn mix must be gooey, if too dry, add a tblsp of warm milk.
- Olive oil is better than other oils, so you can generously use it without guilt.
- If you are making for kids and do not count on calories, you can use butter generously too. In that case, butter the bread.