Cucumber carrot sandwich is a quick snack fix, really easy to prepare with carrot, cucumber, cream cheese/ cheese spread/ mayonnaise any, one spread plus black pepper.
I had this idea for many years in my mind after I had a similar sandwich in shatabdi express. It was few years ago but I really loved the simplicity of the sandwich with subtle flavors yet really delicious.
I could see carrots and cucumber in grated form but not sure about the spread what they had used.
You can choose your choice of bread – white or brown/ whole meal and make it. I have used Go cheese spread here but it is totally your choice, you can use any cheese spread or cream cheese or even mayonnaise.
Only thing you have to remember is to use very finely chopped cucumber. You can grate carrot too. Cucumber is best to be finely chopped without the center part as it would leave water.
I made this yesterday and Vj loved it. Make it for your kid’s lunch/ snack box and they too would love it. Wrap in a foil or cling wrap it, put it inside sandwich bag, any way that works for you. Serve as evening snack when they are back from school. Easy for you too to prepare.
Cucumber carrot sandwich recipe
- 4 Bread slices
- ¼ cup Cucumber very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon Carrot very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon Cheese spread or cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper crushed
- Grate or very finely chop carrot. Remove the center part of cucumber and chop it very finely as well.
- In a mixing bow, mix carrot, cucumber and cheese spread, black pepper.
- Spread it over the bread slice and cover it with another one.
- Trim the edges if desired and cut into triangles to serve.
- You need a really sharp and mighty knife in order to chop the veggies very finely as I have done. If you have a food processor, feel free to use.
- Keep in mind that chopping cucumber and grating it makes a difference. Grating it may leave water and make the spread watery too.
- I used cheese spread so I didn’t add salt. Adding salt too makes the cucumber water.
- You can use any sandwich spread or cheese spread or cream cheese or even mayonnaise.
📸 Stepwise photos
1. First, grate or very finely chop carrot. After that, remove the center part of cucumber and chop it very finely as well. Then, in a mixing bow, mix carrot, cucumber and cheese spread, black pepper.
2. Next, spread it over the bread slice and cover it with another one. Finally trim the edges if desired and cut into triangles to serve.
Perfect for snack or even for a lazy weekend breakfast. I have served with fresh squeezed orange juice and apple.