Dragon fruit juice, with the red variant. You can do the same with white pitaya as well. No juicer need.
Simple juice with red dragon fruit also known as pitaya fruit. I am very choosy when it comes to trying out new things. Though we are here for almost 11 years now in SG, I have not tried many things that’s available easily here.
Right from food to these fruits. I have seen these fruits in wet market and grocery stores, but only once bought this fruit. Not the same variety but the white variety.
I could not swallow the fruit with so many small black seeds in it. Even for Kiwi fruit it happened the same way. But these days I am used to it. I like kiwi fruit these days.
Dragon fruit or pitaya, yet to get comfortable with. I made this juice to begin with, I liked to eat as such too. I am sure these days it is available in all parts of world, you can try this one.
Dragon fruit juice – Pitaya juice
- 1 Dragon fruit
- 3 tbsp Sugar or as needed
- 1 Lemon
- ½ tsp Lemon zest
- Cut the fruit the into two.
- Scoop the pulp with a strong spoon. Cube it roughly and transfer to a blender.
- Add sugar ( I used some left over simple syrup) and lemon juice, zest.
- Blend well to juice it and serve.
- You can add water according to the consistency you want. Make sure to adjust sugar as needed.
- You can use honey in place of sugar.
- Use a small piece of ginger for extra punch.
- Keep the fruit always refrigerated until use.
1. Cut the fruit the into two.
2. Scoop the pulp with a strong spoon. Cube it roughly and transfer to a blender.
3. Add sugar ( I used some left over simple syrup) and lemon juice, zest.
4. Blend well to juice it and serve.
Serve cold, you can also add more sweetness and pour in popsicle mold to have it as popsicle.