Dry fruits laddu recipe prepared with cashews, almonds, pistachios sweetened with raisins, figs and dates.You can roll them optionally in desiccated coconut or use ghee to make it non sticky.
Dry fruits laddu is like an energy balls you can prepare within 15 mins and healthier with natural sweeteners instead of sugar or jaggery. We use only dates, figs and raisins for sweetening this laddu. If your kids eat dry fruits laddu, then you can be really happy as it is really good for their health because of its benefits.
I used fig for the first time. I never have bought figs or used in any dish so far. I have couple of times tasted fig sweets we get in sweet shops as they sell. Not a great fan as the seeds in fig annoy me a lot. But I guess it is really healthy because of its nutritional value. So bought figs especially to try these dry fruits nuts ladoo. I did not like it much, so prefer making it without figs. If you are fine with figs, you can try with figs.
Step by step preparation dry fruits laddu:
- Chop cashews, almonds, pistachios roughly.
- Grind roughly chopped dates, figs and raisins. No need to grind smoothly.
- Heat ghee in pan, roast the nuts in medium flame for a minute.
- In a mixing bowl, add ground dates mixture, add roasted nuts to it. I added a pinch of nutmeg powder, but it is purely optional.
- Mix well, grease your hand with ghee and roll into small sized ladoos. Optionally you can roll over desiccated coconut too.