North Indian lunch menu, Indian vegetarian thali idea for satisfying your hunger pangs. A filling menu with paratha, dum aloo, raita, pulao, chaat and papad, pickle.
I just chose these dishes according to the availability in my pantry and to suit my family needs.
This is an attempt to satisfy our craving for north Indian food. May not be authentic thali to represent one, but sure a delectable one.
Last week could not post any lunch menu or breakfast menu as I was not in mood of touching the camera. Drawback of doing fresh posts (Last minute post)🙄.
North Indian lunch menu, Indian vegetarian thali idea
This week so thought of clicking a menu and keep it ready. I was craving for some rich stuffed paratha, so suddenly paneer paratha came to my mind.
And had small potatoes that I picked from Mustafa, so thought of making Dum aloo, which I never tried making again after that post 🤫. Aj always loves baby potatoes and he was double happy when I told him that I am gonna make a gravy with it along with veg pulao.
So rice for him and paratha for me. Actually I made the pulao and dum aloo morning and packed for Vj’s lunch box, then later made paratha hot for my lunch along with the peanut chaat. But I will write the preparation together.
- Paneer Paratha:
An easy to prepare paratha I would say as I make it with simple stuffing. No cooking part unlike potato or other veggies. Just crumble paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and add some spices to it to make paratha.
So I chose this as main dish just one will fill your tummy, so make sure to make just as same as the number of members.
- Dum Aloo:
Thali without aloo? A spicy and masala powders loaded curd based gravy.
- Veg pulao
A no onion no garlic version of veg pulao, for making it easy to prepare. You can also check out my other vegetable pulao.
- Boondi raita:
Again an easy raita yet delicious one to go with paneer paratha.
- Peanut chaat:
Just felt instead of making kachumber I will make this peanut chaat.
Papad for crunch factor. I just rolled in cone shape instead of tubes.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 45 mins | Cook time: 1 hr | Serves: 3
- Soak rice for pulao. Soak paneer in hot water.
- Pressure cook small potatoes mean while prepare dough for paratha, set side.
- Chop vegetables for pulao, onion, tomato, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic as needed for the pulao and dum aloo, peanut chaat.
- Peel off the skin of potatoes.
- Prepare pulao first, meanwhile roast potatoes for dum aloo.
- Prepare the stuffing for paratha and keep aside.
- Fry and finish the grinding works for dum aloo.
- Prepare dum aloo, simmer it for getting cooked.
- Soak boondi for boondi raita.
- Make raita and lastly prepare paratha hot while you are going to eat lunch.
- In the same tawa, roast papad.
- Toss the peanut chaat to serve the lunch.
Have a happy weekend everyone 😊.