Beetroot rice with simple spices is a quick one pot meal idea or for lunch box. Easy for beginners and bachelors as well to prepare.
I love beetroot a lot. Mostly make poriyal and have it. I thought I should try something different.
Already tried making beetroot pulao, so something easy and simple. Found this in my notebook and thought give it a try.
It was tasting really good, I felt like having this kothamalli podi rice. Thought this could be a good lunch box recipe you can make it quickly, with simple ingredients.
I just want to remind you why you should include beetroot in your diet.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties along with powerful antioxidant and detoxification properties. This makes perfect superfood for winters as this improves our immunity in natural way.
- Beetroot is also known for helping muscles to use oxygen more efficiently.
- This root vegetable also have above average amount of nutrients.
Here are some more beetroot recipes for your to try
Step by step
How to dice beetroot perfectly
- Wash and peel off the skin of the beetroot firstly. After that, cut into two and slice it. Furthermore, cut the slices into strips by stacking it.
2. Then chop these strips to get finely chopped beetroot. I microwaved with little water and salt to beetroot.
3. You can steam or adapt your method of cooking. Meanwhile cook rice and cool down with a teaspoon of sesame oil and required salt, to get separate grains.
4. In a pan, heat oil and temper with jeera,. Take care not to burn it. Add green chillies and cooked beetroot to it.
5. Saute well. Add coriander seeds powder and chopped coriander leaves. give it a stir.
6. Finally add cooked rice and mix gently.
Serve with fryums or any simple raita. I had with fryums and keerai masiyal.
Beetroot rice recipe
- 1.5 cups Beetroot Chopped or grated.
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil or Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Wash and peel off the skin of the beetroot. Cut into two and slice it. Cut the slices into strips by stacking it.
- Chop this strips to get finely chopped beetroot. I microwaved with little water and salt to cook this beetroot.
- You can steam or adapt your method of cooking.
- Meanwhile cook rice and cool down with a teaspoon of sesame oil and required salt, to get separate grains.
- In a pan, heat oil and temper with jeera,. Take care not to burn it.
- Add green chillies and cooked beetroot to it.
- Add coriander seeds powder and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- In goes the cooked rice and mix gently until all are uniformly coated in rice.
- Beetroot rice ready!
Thank you for sharing these wonderful recipes !
Can you please suggest what can be done with left over whey water got after making paneer. Apart from using in roti dough or baking bread, Are there any traditional Indian drinks similar to koozh that can be made from whey water. ?
Tasty and Yummy recipe..,
Tasty and Yummy recipe..,
Tempting color, must try once
Yu make my day rakskitchen
I have tried this rice recipe today and served with curd traits. My kids loved the color and taste.☺
Thanks for sharing the awesome recipes.
Hi raks, I tried this recipe. It was a super hit. Thanks a ton. I used Chilli powder instead of coriander powder since I didn't have that in Stock. Lastly I garnished it will ghee fried cashews n coriander leaves.
My school day recipe.we love it so much.