Easy Diwali sweets list for the Indian festival of lights. Ahead of the festival, browse some if the best and quick to make desserts. Beginner friendly with step by step photos and some videos.
Diwali sweets can be prepared with less effort as well as less time. Here are some recipes to help you decide easy, moreover quick to make!
For full collection, browse Diwali recipe index or this updated Diwali recipes which also includes Diwali snacks!
Firstly, Wishing you all an advanced Happy and prosperous Diwali!
Table of contents
Diwali is a Hindu festival of lights celebrated across India. It is celebrated as the victory of good over the evil.
People celebrate Diwali by wearing new clothes, visiting friends & relatives, preparing sweets and bursting crackers.
Get blessings from elders at home and family and the festival also coincides with Harvest festival. It usually falls on October or November.
Diwali means sweets treat, it's all about indulging calories without any guilt during the festival.
Here I have compiled best Diwali sweets that you can easily prepare with minimum effort.
This is one of the major festivals in India, at our home too this is most awaited festivals through the year.
With all the decorations, lights, diyas, flowers, lots of snacks, especially food is main highlight.
Feasting on sugary treats during this festival of lights, be it traditional jaggery based sweets or innovative new age ones.
From evergreen gulab jamun, super easy kaju katli, simple beginner friendly kheers are the ones you can settle if you want to keep it simple.
When is Diwali 2021?
Diwali 2021 falls on Thursday, 4 November
Here are collection of easy Diwali sweets from my website. To see about Diwali food, check out my Diwali breakfast post.
For me personally ladoos are the easiest to begin with. Moreover, you can prepare with simple variation keeping the recipe same. Such as these ladoo recipes, you can prepare under 30 mins with no sweat!
Though there are some stirring involved in halwas there are pretty easy procedures as well as quickly done which makes it perfect sweet for Diwali. Check it out
Next to ladoo, burfi is very easy for beginners and it is a boon to those who are time pressed. Check out the burfi recipes below, you will agree!
Under 30 mins
- Coconut ladoo with condensed milk | Easy Diwali recipes under 15 mins
- Shahi tukda recipe | Shahi tukra recipe
- Microwave Therattipal recipe | Easy theratti pal recipe
- Easy rasmalai recipe, how to prepare rasmalai
- Chocolate peda recipe, how to make chocolate peda
- Easy Paneer Kalakand recipe - 2 ways
- Sandesh recipe, Paneer dessert recipes
Easy Diwali sweets recipes | Indian Diwali sweets
- Rice flour
- Urad dal flour
- Besan/ gram flour
- Please check individual recipes for respective instructions. Usually all Indian sweets uses sugar and Jaggery for sweetening.
- For milk based sweets like basundi, rasmalai and palkova, milk is cooked and reduced to give rich results.
- For other milk based sweets like Rasgulla, sandesh it is curdled and Chhena (cheese) is used as main ingredient.
- Traditionally, jaggery is also used in many recipes especially in south India like adhirasam, suzhiyan etc.
- Different types of mithais burfis, gulab jamun, ladoo are prepared for Indian festival Diwali. Please check my collection of recipes above individually.
Here are some video recipes for Diwali sweets as well as snacks in my Youtube channel
All the sweets look awesome. It's a guide for all of us to prepare Diwali sweets.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hi please tell us the measuring details.1cup means in any cup or how to measure.
Advanced happy diwali raji
Advance happy diwali to ur family& all the viewer's , sweets are extraordinary
Can we add vanilla essence instead of rose essence in sweet bhondhi and gulab jamun recipes ?
Yummy collections...Advance .Happy Deepavali Raks..
இனிய தீபாவளி நல்வாழ்த்துகள்
Thanks a lot for all recipes published. It made our day.
it would be good if there is a mobile app for this website, if there is any please let us know