Easy palak paratha without stuffing, just add along with sauteed Indian spinach and spices. Crispy and delicious iron rich meal for the family.
I had some left over palak after I made palak poori for my kid and it was too little to make palak paneer or anything else.
I wanted to try aloo palak gravy for long time, but palak was too less. So ended up in making these easy palak paratha.
Why do I call easy?
- No blanching
- No pureeing
- No stuffing
Perfect for lunch box, breakfast to kick start your day with this nutrient rich paratha. Make it with desi ghee or makhan, it will get over in no time.
Kids would love this one!
- Wash the spinach, tear the thick stem in the leaf and chop them roughly. Heat a pan with oil and splutter jeera in it. Add the chopped palak and fry in low flame.
2. Cook for 2 minutes, without changing the colour and add it to the flour along with the other ingredients except water.
3. First mix the flour well with spinach and then add water to make a non sticky dough,just like roti/ chapthi dough.
4. Make six equal sized ball and roll out little thicker parathas,dust it while rolling whenever necessary.
5. Heat pan and drizzle some oil and cook the parathas both sides in medium flame,until the golden brown spots appears.
I had with the tomato garlic chutney, you can have it with boondi raita,or simply curd or pickle too.
Easy palak paratha recipe
- 1 cup Wheat flour Atta
- 1 cup Palak Indian spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Sambar powder Red chilli powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon Oil plus more for cooking
- Water - as needed
- Wash the spinach, tear off the thick stem in the leaf and chop them roughly.
- Heat a pan with oil and splutter cumin in it. Add the chopped palak and fry in low flame.
- Cook for 2 minutes, without changing the colour and add it to the flour along with the other ingredients except water.
- First mix the flour well with spinach and then add water to make a non sticky dough,just like roti/chapthi dough.
- Make six equal sized ball and roll out little thicker parathas, dust it while rolling whenever necessary.
- Heat pan and drizzle some oil and cook the parathas both sides in medium flame, until the golden brown spots appears.
- You can use ghee for frying, as well as in the dough.
- Make sure to cook spinach well, otherwise you will get digestion/ gastric issues.
Love these kind of parathas..simple n easy..:)
Lovely Recipe Raji...looks mouthwatering:)
Healthy and tasty parathas...havent tried paratha with any other greens except methi...have to try with palak n see....Looks very tempting
I always prefect this method .. easy n healthy paratha..
Paratha looks delicious 🙂
I'm a big fan of parathas like these....looks very appetizing
Lovely clicks :)I love parathas a lot 🙂
Beautiful parathas! Looks all the more delicious with your lovely clicks and pictorial!!
paratha looks very soft n healthy...nice presentation!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lena Rashmin Raj
wowww.. superb snaps Raks.. color is too tempting and i love palak.. 🙂
The palak paratha along with the chutney looks like a deadly combo indeed. Great clicks as usual Raji 🙂
It looks & sounds easy. I grind the palak mixture & add to make it green. Will try this version soon 🙂
Healthy, yummy parathas!!! Dambhar pow is a nice addition..And awesome pics 🙂
By seeing the snaps, I am speechless Raks. You rock dear. I loved the pink flowers. Very colourful and bright pics. Yummy and lovely parathas.
Bright clicks and an good way to make the kids eat greens.
Healthy and yummy looking parathas...
Woww.. looks so tempting and perfect.. thanks for the lovely recipe 🙂
They look so perfect and healthy too ! I simply love them !
Looks wonderful, I add some ginger too.
Nice and healthy paratha...Luks soft and delicious...
Mouthwatering parathas..looks superb dear
i always wanted to try ur palak puris and these parathas looks nice and best way to make kids to eat spincah
healthy parathas looks super!!
Yumm... I usually get lazy and just grind everything up and add to the dough... the tiny specks of green are definitely pretty.
Very delicious and healthy paratha.. looks gr8 !!
Yummy paratha .. Sautéing Palak is new to me. Must try
பார்க்கும் பொழுதே அப்படியே சாப்பிட ஆசையாக இருக்கு....ரொம்ப நல்லா இருக்கு ராஜி...
Delicious and lovely one.
Delicious yummy parathas..
My fav ~ love the bright, pretty pics!
Parathas look packed with protein and iron! Looks delicious with that chutney.
yummy and healthy....
Woow delicious and healthy parathas
Sai Kanakha Lakshmi
Super healthy recipe, and step by step photography is excellent.
miri goes phishing!
super super healthy recipe...would love to try this...:)
beautiful clicks dear...paratha looks mouthwatering...
Healthy and yummy....great looking parathas.
A very nice paratha! As usual, photograph is very beautiful!
Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal
This is how pretty much I do it too, for me it is out of laziness, plus, I like the texture of palak in the roti than adding it as a puree, love your pics 🙂
I also prepare the same way with methi leaves..Looks as usual sooper n delicious
Looks absolutely yummy.. Love parathas always and this looks way too tempting. Love all the pictures.
Very healthy parathas... Thanks for sharing.
My recent post: Kaima Idli
Spinach paratha is awesome.But once i prepared spinach dosa it was having bitter taste.Do u've any idea wether spinach will taste bitter.
Can i have ur email id.
Looks very appetizing and yum!
delicious paranthas...ooi how come posting ya ;)!!!
Super palak paratha!!
Thats amazing... using leftovers to prepare new variety. thanks for posting such a wonderful item . I am a big lover of parathas. Whenever i go to JUS PARATHAS restaurant i order Aloo-Gobi Paratha.And it taste best with onion raitha. Its my ever time fav one. If u could please share the recipe of it. Thanks in advance.
Now had palak paratha for dinner 🙂 Liked it!!! The only tiring part is the tearing of the stems!!
First time to your blog and love it! Your pictures are mouthwatering! This paratha looks perfect...I have some spinach in the fridge and thinking of making this tomorrow. Thx for sharing. Now following you! Please visit my blog Chocolate and Chillies
I tried it for the first time. & to my surprise it came out really well!!! Thanks to you coz ur pictures made it work..
Nice & interesting 🙂
What An Indian Recipe
Hi..Presentation method is fabulous:)..And i have become regular visitor for ur website..thanks for all the recipes..:)
Thank You for this wonderful recipe 🙂
I have just prepared this paratha and it came out very yumy...
I'm a big fan of parathas like these....looks very appetizing! Thank you for recipe.