This pepper kuzhambu recipe/ milagu kuzhambu recipe is No onion no garlic version. Eat it with hot rice and ghee, its great! Simple recipe to try.
No onion no garlic pepper kuzhambu recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Tamarind - Small gooseberry sized
Water and salt - As needed
To Roast & powder
Pepper - 1 & ½ tsp
Coriander seeds - 1 & ½ tsp
Channa dal/ kadala paruppu - 1 tbsp
Dry red chillies - 4
Urad dal/ ulutham paruppu - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - ⅛ tsp
Oil- 3 tbsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Roast golden and grind the items given under ‘To grind and powder’ table. (add asafoetida powder at the end)
2. Grind to a fine powder. Heat a kadai and temper with mustard and curry leaves.
3. Extract tamarind juice and add water to make it 2 & ½ cups. Bring to boil. Add powdered pepper mix and stir well to avoid lumps.
4. Boil until you get a thick gravy and oil floats on top.
- You can add a sprig of curry leaves while roasting pepper and grind along for an extra flavour touch!
- In all ways pepper is good for health and so as this kuzhambu!
Serve hot with rice and ghee, with any kootu as accompaniment. I served with mixed vegetable kootu.