Egg free banana chocolate chip mini loaf cake recipe with over ripen banana. Using wheat flour and brown sugar this tastes wholesome.
Best back to school snack idea for kids or for anyone, to pair up with tea or a cup of coffee.
- Over ripen banana
- Wheat flour
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chip
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
See recipe card for quantities.
Chocolate chip – Nuts, butterscotch chip can be used in place of choco chips.
Flour – If you want you can swap the wheat flour with all purpose flour too. I have personally not baked gluten free cakes so no idea about it.
Oil – Instead of oil, you can also use same amount melt butter. It can make texture a slightly different (crumblier)
See this Chocolate banana cake recipe on my website!
My bananas were small and not very watery when mashed. Depending on your banana variety, the water content in the cake batter will vary.
So will also change the texture of cake. Mine was thick batter due to less water content in the banana.
You can bake in anything, though I used mini loaf pans. You can bake them as muffins, bunt cake or in any cake tin.
Accordingly the baking time varies. Keep an eye after 20 mins whichever bakeware you use.
At room temperature, it stays good for 2-3 days. And you can definitely freeze it up to 3 months.
You can cling wrap or cover with foil and put it inside a ziploc bag.
To consume, leave it in counter top for 30 mins or you can use oven for thawing.
You can microwave to warm it up and enjoy.
Depending on the oven’s make and model baking time varies. So after 20 minutes, keep an eye.
If it gets browned fast on the top, lay a foil over the top.
I line my baking pan with butter paper. This makes it easy to unmold.
Egg free banana chocolate chip cake
- ¾ cup Banana Over ripen, mashed (about 2 long Dole variety)
- ¾ cup Wheat flour I used Indian atta
- ¼ cup Brown sugar measure heaped
- ¼ cup Chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Oil Coconut oil or neutral smelling oil like sunflower
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda cooking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon if using Vanilla essence
- Gather the ingredients needed firstly.
- In a mixing bowl, mash peeled bananas well
- Add oil, sugar, vanilla to it and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, take flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Sieve couple of times or mix well.
- Add this to wet ingredients
- Fold gently to mix.
- Add chocolate chips reserving few to top.
- Fold in to mix.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper or grease it.
- Divide and pour into the baking pan.
- Pre heat oven at 180 deg C for 10-15 mins.
- Bake the cake in middle rack for 20 – 25 mins or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Leave it for 5 minutes outside and take out the cake.
- Please keep an eye after 20 minutes. You can cover the top with foil if it is browning fast.
- Make sure to sieve or mix well so that cooking soda or baking powder are mixed well. Otherwise it might smell weird in the cake.
- Depending on pan shape size the baking time varies.
1. Gather the ingredients needed firstly.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash peeled bananas well.
3. Add oil, sugar, vanilla to it and mix well.
4. In another mixing bowl, take flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
5. Sieve couple of times or mix well.
6. Add this to wet ingredients.
7. Fold gently to mix.
8. Add chocolate chips reserving few to top.
9. Fold in to mix.
10. Line a baking tray with butter paper or grease it. Divide and pour into the baking pan.
11. Pre heat oven at 180 deg C for 10-15 mins. Bake the cake in middle rack for 20 – 25 mins or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
12. Leave it for 5 minutes outside and take out the cake.
Cool the egg free banana choco chip cake over wire rack. Cut with bread knife. Dip the knife in hot water for clean cuts.