Eggless banana pancakes with chocolate chips is a super hit combo we all know. Simple and easy for beginners with step by step photos, video.
We all know banana and chocolate is a super hit combo. So wanted to try this out for a long time. Yesterday had this single banana, that has become extra soft and last ¼ cup of chocolate chips. I know this is the right time to try this out.
Sure will be kid’s favorite with chocolate in it. Banana makes it really soft and fluffy. Perfect for breakfast or even snack time when they return from school.
💭 Top tip
- For a perfect shape, the griddle should be in medium heat. Too hot pan results in flower like edges. Too less heat will never be porous.
- Over ripen banana works best as it gives a lot of moisture to the batter.
- If the consistency is thick, add extra milk to make it right.
I have made these fluffy pancakes with self raising flour. But you can replace with 1 cup all purpose flour + 2 teaspoon baking powder + ⅛ teaspoon salt.
You can try with our whole wheate flour too. Just keep the batter consistency like idli dosa batter. It will turn out great.
🥘 Self raising flour
Self raising flour is nothing but all purpose flour mixed with baking powder and salt. So if you have all purpose flour, you can go ahead with the above mentioned ingredients.
🍽 Serving suggestion
Top the stack of eggless banana pancakes with a cube of butter. Drizzle some natural sweetener like honey, maple syrup or agave to serve. It tastes best when it is warm.
Is video more your thing, try this short video on Youtube or scroll down to watch without leaving the page.
📋 You may also like
eggless banana pancake recipe
Equipments (Amazon Affiliate links)
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 1 Banana Long variety, over ripen works best
- ¼ cup Chocolate chips – ¼ cup
- ¾ cup Milk plus 3 tablespoon more
- 1 tablespoon Oil or melt butter
- 2 teaspoon Brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Butter to grease
- In a mixing bowl, place peeled banana and mash it well. Add flour, sugar, salt, oil to it.
- Add milk gradually and using a whisk, make a smooth batter.
- Lastly add chocolate chip and gently mix.
- Heat a pan, once hot, switch off the stove and let the pan come to moderate heat.
- Again switch on the heat in medium, pour ¼ cup batter over greased pan. No need to spread.
- You can either cook covered or open, wait until bubbles pop everywhere on the pancake surface top. Roughly a minute.
- Flip and cook for a minute and repeat to finish the batter. Stack it until serving.
- I have not used baking powder since it is self raising flour, but if using maida, make sure to use 2 teaspoon baking powder.
- Do not grease with more butter.
- Adjust the milk quantity to get desired consistency of batter. Especially when using wheat flour. Use milk at room temperature.
- If pan is too hot, the shape of the pancake will not be good as well as it wont be evenly browned/ cooked. So keep the heat always in medium.
- Do not over mix after adding chocolate chips.
- If the banana is too small, use two.
📸 Step by step photos
1. In a mixing bowl, place the peeled banana and mash it well. Add flour, sugar, salt, oil to it.
2. Add milk and using a whisk, make a smooth batter. Lastly add chocolate chip and gently mix.
3. Heat a pan, once hot, switch off the stove and let the pan come to moderate heat.
4. Again switch on the heat in medium, pour ¼ cup batter over greased pan. No need to spread. You can either cook covered or open, wait until bubbles pop everywhere on the pancake surface top. Roughly a minute.
5. Flip and cook for a minute and repeat to finish the batter. Stack it until serving.
Serve stacked with butter and honey topped generously!