Banana and chocolate is a super hit combo we all know. Simple and easy eggless banana chocolate chip pancake recipe. So wanted to try this out for a long time. Yesterday had this single banana, that has become extra soft and last 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. I know this is the right time to try this out. Sure will be kid’s favourite with chocolate in it. Banana makes it really soft and fluffy. I have made this with self raising flour. But you can replace with all purpose flour/ maida + 2 tsp baking soda + 1/8 tsp salt. You can try with our atta too. Just keep the batter consistency like idli dosa batter. It will turn out great.
Other pancake recipes:
Check out the video
- In a mixing bowl, place the peeled banana and mash it well. Add flour, sugar, salt, oil to it.
- Add milk and using a whisk, make a smooth batter. Lastly add chocolate chip and gently mix.
- Heat a pan, once hot, switch off the stove and let the pan come to moderate heat. Again switch on the heat in medium, pour 1/4 cup batter over greased pan. No need to spread. You can either cook covered or open, wait until bubbles pop everywhere on the pancake surface top. Roughly a minute.
- Flip and cook for a minute and repeat to finish the batter. Stack it until serving.
- I have not used baking powder since it is self raising flour, but if using maida, make sure to use 2 tsp baking powder.
- Do not grease with more butter.
- Adjust the milk quantity to get desired consistency of batter. Especially when using wheat flour.
- Use milk at room temperature.
- If pan is too hot, the shape of the pancake will not be good as well as it wont be evenly browned/ cooked. So keep the heat always in medium.
- Do not over mix after adding chocolate chips.
- If the banana is too small, use two.
Serve stacked with butter and honey topped generously!