Eggless mayonnaise recipe comes handy for people who don't consume eggs or who are allergic to it. Let's see how to make homemade mayonnaise.
Homemade mayonnaise comes to rescue as side dish (dip) for homemade snacks and for sandwiches, burgers.
Here are the ingredients needed for homemade eggless mayonnaise with milk.
- Oil - Use neutral smelling oil. I used sunflower oil.
- Milk - Full fat milk
- Apple cider vinegar - Important ingredient to make eggless mayonnaise thick.
- Cream - I added for extra rich taste.
- Honey - Helps thickening, especially when you refrigerate.
- Ground mustard - Yellow mustard works best, I used Indian black one though, so I used less as it is very strong.
- Garlic powder (optional) - I like to add garlic or onion powder for extra flavor.
See recipe card for quantities.
Step by step photos
1. Take all the ingredients firstly except oil in the immersion blender container.
2. Secondly, combine by blending in high speed.
3. After that, add oil gradually as you blend.
4. It will get thick in no time as you blend furthermore.
5. Finally transfer to a clean bottle and store in fridge
Hint: An immersion blender works best for this recipe and I used my Bosch immersion blender here.
- Cream - You can just skip it. I added just for extra creaminess.
- Apple cider vinegar - use lemon juice in case you do not have vinegar.
- Honey - You can skip this as well if you do not want. But it adds a nice balance to the taste.
- Garlic powder - Use onion powder or skip it.
If you are a vegan just replace dairy milk with Soy milk.
I know it is a lot of oil mainly in this recipe. I am thinking to try aquafaba version healthy eggless mayonnaise recipe.
Keeps good in fridge for 3-4 days.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
How to make the eggless mayonnaise thick?
The more oil you use, the thicker it gets. Make sure not to use low fat milk.
I used sunflower oil and recommend same as it is neutral smelling. But you can also use canola or olive oil. Do not recommend coconut oil.
Make sure to slowly add oil as you blend.
Move the blender up and down as soon as you start the process. This ensures even mixing.
Never skip vinegar. Oil, milk and vinegar are the main ingredients.
Add salt lastly if you have thickening issue.
Eggless mayonnaise recipe
Equipments (Amazon Affiliate links)
- Immersion blender
- ½ cup Oil optional
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Cream cooking cream
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Ground mustard
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Take all the ingredients except oil in the immersion blender container.
- Combine by blending in high speed. After that, add oil gradually as you blend.
- It will get thick in no time.
- Transfer to a clean bottle and store in fridge
- If you are a vegan just replace dairy milk with Soy milk.