Eggless pancake recipe, soft & fluffy with step by step pictures, easy to prepare home made pancakes.
Two weeks back I happened to taste Hot cakes from Mc Donald’s. It was the first time I ever tasted a pancake. As I had no idea pancakes are made mainly with eggs just like a cake, I got a doubt if it had egg in it, the very instance I tasted my first bite. Since Aj didn’t eat, I had to eat some. So some how had two out of three. Though I didn’t love it, I liked the soft, spongy and fluffy texture of it. But after few days, I got craving to have pancakes and searched for eggless pancakes recipe. And found one here.
Simple and easy enough recipe to try, with simple ingredients available. So here is the recipe for you all. This is mainly kid’s favourite. Do try for your kids when they come back hungry from school, they will enjoy for sure! And if you are just like me, ever never tasted a pancake before, this is just our maida dosa, but with some differences in taste and texture, do not hesitate to try! This recipe works well with wheat flour as well… My mom and MIL makes it both with maida and wheat flour and it tastes great. We always make pancakes without egg. Turns out very good and soft.
Eggless Pancake recipe, soft & fluffy
Equipments (Amazon Affiliate links)
- Cast iron griddle
- All purpose flour/ plain flour – 1 cup Maida
- Milk – 1 cup
- Brown or white sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Butter and honey – For topping
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with the whisk.
- Add milk along with oil and mix gently. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes again give it a mix.
- Heat an iron skillet (dosa pan) until it gets hot. Switch off the stove and leave it for 5 minutes. Again switch on the flame and put it in medium flame.
- Grease with butter and pour one big laddle full of batter carefully. Do not spread.
- Wait until bubbles pop over the pancakes and the colour changes and flip carefully.
- Cook the other side for a minute and transfer to serving plate.
- Iron skillet (Iron dosa pan) works best to get golden brown colour and even cooking.
- If you want you can cover and cook after flipping, this makes it even more soft and locks the moisture.
- If you heat the pan really hot and make the pancake immediately, the pancakes turn dark brown in colour. That’s why I have heated the pan and switched off for a while to bring the temperature medium. ( I saw this in a video in you tube)
- If the pan is too hot, the pancakes will have edges like flower. that is it wont be a perfect circle. So make sure to keep the heat medium.
- Use a big ladle (or a 1/4 cup), so that for all the pancakes, you use only one and so all of them would be on same size.
- You can use whole wheat flour as well, but experiment with the milk volume as it may take more.
- You can add cinnamon or vanilla essence to make it more flavorful.
- You can make this same with non diary milk and make it VEGAN by avoiding butter and honey.
Eggless pancake Method:
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with the whisk. Add milk along with oil and mix gently. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes again give it a mix and heat an iron skillet (dosa pan) until it gets hot. Switch off the stove and leave it for 5 minutes. Again switch on the flame and put it in medium flame. Grease with butter and pour one big laddle full of batter carefully. Do not spread.
- Wait until bubbles pop over the pancakes and the colour changes and flip carefully. Cook the other side for a minute and transfer to serving plate.
Serve hot with generous butter topped and honey or your favorite sauces like caramel, butterscotch or even maple syrup. Smells divinely and stays soft even after cool down. Soft, spongy, fluffy to handle, you would love it!