Eggless pancakes recipe, soft & fluffy with step by step pictures, easy to prepare home made pancakes. Perfectly golden pancake you will ever make.
Two weeks back I happened to taste Hot cakes from Mc Donald's. And it was the first time I ever tasted a pancakes, also I had no idea pancakes are made mainly with eggs just like a cake, I got a doubt if it had egg in it, the very instance I tasted my first bite.
Since Aj didn't eat, I had to eat some. So some how had two out of three. Though I didn't love it, I liked the soft, spongy and fluffy texture of it. But after few days, I got craving to have pancakes and searched for eggless pancakes recipe. And found one here.
🥞 Easiest pancakes ever
Simple and easy enough recipe to try, with simple ingredients available. No fancy ingredients as well as no complex steps. Very straight forward even beginners can try, just follow the recipe and read the notes, you will get golden pancakes.
🥛 Soft & fluffy
Because of the milk, cooking soda and baking powder, the pancakes turns out really soft and fluffy. It stays soft even after it cools down.
💭 Top tip
- Use cast Iron pan for best results. This gives golden evenly browned pancakes.
- Heat the griddle first, switch it off, bring to optimum temperature and then again switch on to have the perfect round pancakes from the first one.
- Too hot griddle, the edges will be flower like and not smooth round pancakes.
- Also if the temperature is right, the color will be pleasant orange, not too dark brown.
You can use whole wheat flour in place of all purpose flour. The texture might be slightly denser and more milk is needed for right consistency.
For Vegan version use vegan milk and avoid butter/ honey. Use vegan butter and maple syrup.
Eggless Pancakes recipe
Equipments (Amazon Affiliate links)
- Cast iron griddle
- 1 cup All purpose flour/ plain flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- Butter and honey - For topping
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with the whisk.
- Add milk along with oil and mix gently. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes again give it a mix.
- Heat an iron skillet (pan) until it gets hot. Switch off the stove and leave it for 5 minutes. Again switch on the flame and put it in medium flame.
- Grease with butter and pour one big ladle full of batter carefully. Do not spread.
- Wait until bubbles pop over the pancakes and the colour changes and flip carefully.
- Cook the other side for a minute and transfer to serving plate.
- Iron skillet (pan) works best to get golden brown color and even cooking.
- If you want you can cover and cook after flipping, this makes it even more soft and locks the moisture.
- If you heat the pan really hot and make the pancake immediately, the pancakes turn dark brown in color. That’s why I have heated the pan and switched off for a while to bring the temperature medium. ( I saw this in a video in you tube)
- If the pan is too hot, the pancakes will have edges like flower. that is it wont be a perfect circle. So make sure to keep the heat medium.
- Use a big ladle (or a ¼ cup), so that for all the pancakes, you use only one and so all of them would be on same size.
- You can use whole wheat flour as well, but experiment with the milk volume as it may take more.
- You can add cinnamon or vanilla essence to make it more flavorful.
- You can make this same with non diary milk and make it VEGAN by avoiding butter and honey.
📸 Eggless pancake Method:
1. Firstly, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with the whisk. Add milk along with oil and mix gently. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes again give it a mix and heat an iron skillet (dosa pan) until it gets hot. Switch off the stove and leave it for 5 minutes. Again switch on the flame and put it in medium flame. Grease with butter and pour one big ladle full of batter carefully. Do not spread.
3. Wait until bubbles pop over the pancakes and the color changes and flip carefully. Cook the other side for a minute and transfer the eggless pancakes to serving plate.
Serve hot with generous butter topped and honey or your favorite sauces like caramel, butterscotch or even maple syrup. especially, smells divinely and stays soft even after cool down. Soft, spongy, fluffy to handle, you would love it!