Fruit salad with tropical mint dressing topped with nuts for the crunch. Quick video step by step pictures post.
I saw this fruit salad with tropical mint dressing in a restaurant menu. Thought it would be nice to give it a try, mainly because of the tropical mint dressing.
I made the dressing with mangoes and it was creamy and delicious. You can try the same with pineapple, either for making the dressing or instead of cut mangoes in the salad.
It will be very delicious and flavorful with pineapple, to go along with other fruits.
Because instead of using both mango dressing and having mangoes in the salad, pineapple will be more suitable.
I am sure pineapple juice can blend well in the dressing along with mint and ginger.
Cleaning the fruits
Before heading to prepare the fruit salad, wash the fruits well, soak them in water mixed with salt and white vinegar (I use Heinz) for 15 mins.
Green apple, kiwi, White variety pitaya, blue berry, black berries, raspberry, red grapes, pineapple, Honey dew melon, cantaloupe, papaya.
Check out my chickpea salad
Fruit salad with tropical mint dressing
- 1 Apple
- 1 Orange
- ½ cup green grapes
- ½ cup strawberry chopped
- 1 mango chopped
- 8 Walnuts sunflower seeds or almonds works too
- Salt and pepper
- Few mint leaves for garnish
For tropical mint dressing
- 1 alphonso mango
- 10 mint leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
Prepare Tropical mint dressing
- First place ginger, salt and mint leaves in the blender and blend roughly.
- Top it with mango and other ingredients. I added Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) in the last run. Blend smoothly.
- Lastly add EVOO and run the blender to smooth texture.
To prepare fruit salad
- Place all the fruits in a mixing bowl.
- Top it with prepared tropical mint dressing. Mix well.
- Finally garnish with chopped walnuts (I wash or soak for a while and chop), fresh mint leaves, salt and pepper as needed.
- If you use mango in salad, you can try pineapple in place of mango in the dressing. Or the other way round for a different flavour.
- You can prepare the dressing ahead and store upto 2 days. I used the dressing twice, so it can be used as two portions as you need it.
- Do not skimp on mint leaves or ginger as it plays the main flavour here.
1. Prepare Tropical mint dressing:
First place ginger, salt and mint leaves in the blender and blend roughly.
2. Top it with mango and other ingredients. I added Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) in the last run. Blend smoothly.
3. Lastly add EVOO and run the blender to smooth texture.
4. To prepare fruit salad: Place all the fruits in a mixing bowl. Top it with prepared tropical mint dressing. Mix well.
5. Finally garnish with chopped walnuts (I wash or soak for a while and chop), fresh mint leaves, salt and pepper as needed.
Serve immediately. You can chop the fruits and chilli it and just toss the dressing, garnish before serving.