|Toor dal, cooked||1/2 cup|
|Ginger||1 inch piece crushed|
|Lime juice||1 tbsp|
|pepper||1 tsp crushed|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Coriander leaves||1 tbsp for garnishing|
- Heat a kadai with ghee and add the tempering items,one by one..Mustard,jeera,asafetida,curry and green chillies and half of the crushed ginger …
- Add tomatoes and fry for a minute and add 2 cups water with salt,turmeric and bring to boil.
- Add the remaining crushed ginger,pepper and boil till tomatoes are soft.
- Add the cooked toor dal and bring to boil.
- When it boils well,switch off the stove and add the lime juice and coriander leaves and cover immediately.
- This rasam should not be reheated or boild after lime juice have been added,as it may give a bitter taste.
- Serve hot as a starter or with rice and pappad!!
This is off to Sunita’s Monzthly blog event
Think Spice…Think ginger.