Gopalkala is nothing but dahi poha - aval/ flattened rice/ beaten rice mixed with curd (plain yogurt), cucumber and tempered with ghee.
You can make Dahi poha as a light breakfast dinner or snack and even as prasad for Janmashtami.
When I was looking for posting easy Janmashtami special recipes, I found this interesting recipe while I image searched for Janmashtami prasad and adapted the recipe from here.
Dahi means plain yogurt and poha means flattened rice.
I tried it in less quantity and loved it a lot. With cucumber and ghee tempered jeera, ghee, it was really flavorful.
This can be made in a jiffy with less effort, even if you are a office goer, you can come back from office in the evening and make it for offering baby Krishna. Enjoy this prasad with your family members.
Step by step photos
1. Wash and drain poha. No water should be retained. Place it in a mixing bowl.
2. Add curd, cucumber, salt and sugar. Mix well. Temper with the items given under 'to temper' table.
3. Add the temper to poha, add coconut and mix.
I liked to have it chilled. Flavorful and yummy prasad Gopalkala (Dahi poha) for Janmashtami.
Gopalkala | Dahi poha
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- ½ teaspoon Jeera cumin seeds
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Finely chopped
- Wash and drain poha. No water should be retained. Place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add curd, cucumber, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Temper with the items given under 'to temper' table.
- Add the temper to poha, add coconut and mix.
- Adjust curd as per the required consistency.