Granola recipe, this is one of the simplest homemade granola you will find. Making homemade gives you control on what goes in.
I love granola for breakfast a lot. It tastes great simply with low-fat milk and no need to add sugar even.
What else we need for a lazy morning? I don’t exactly remember where I had this, but only somewhere we stayed when we went for a holiday. Then once I bought muesli and loved that too.
The best things I love about granola is, its crisp, has nuts, dates, raisins that comes here and there that satisfies all my chewy cravings. And when I wanted to try this at home, I liked this recipe from Ramya’s blog –Hot from my oven.
Just adapted the recipe to the availability in my kitchen pantry and my taste. Though rolled oats is the main ingredient, its healthy, but we have to keep in mind that its high in sugar with all those honey,brown sugar, raisins and dates.
Don’t panic. It's just an information for those who are in diet and count their sugar they eat. Otherwise its normal to have this for breakfast. And I almost forgot! This is a perfect snack to. You can munch on this in the evenings as such without milk.
- Preheat the oven to 160 deg C. Meanwhile, place oats, almonds(1 chopped into 3) dates, raisins,salt and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix well and then add honey to it 1 tablespoon at a time and mix well.
2. Add oil and vanilla essence and mix well. Line a baking tray with butter paper/ parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly.
3. Bake it for 25 - 28 minutes or until you get a golden coloured granola. After 15 minutes of bake, every 5 minutes stir the mixture thoroughly to ensure even baking. After done, fluff it with big fork.
As it cools down, it becomes crispier and store in an airtight container. I love it with cold milk a lot for breakfast. The oats coated with caramelized honey, brown sugar....bliss with milk 🙂 One more shot of dropping granola to justify the number of shots I tried to capture it. Thanks for the motivation Sharmi 🙂
Check out my Chocolate granola.
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- ¼ cup Almonds chopped
- ¼ cup Dates chopped
- 2 tablespoon Raisins
- 1.5 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- Salt - a pinch
- 3 drops Vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon Cooking oil
- Pre heat the oven to 160 deg C.
- Meanwhile, place oats, almonds(1 chopped into 3) dates, raisins,salt and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well and then add honey to it 1 tablespoon at a time and mix well.
- Add oil and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper/ parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake it for 25 - 28 minutes or until you get a golden coloured granola.
- After 15 minutes of bake, every 5 minutes stir the mixture thoroughly to ensure even baking.
- After done, fluff it with big fork.
- You can add your choice of nut. I love almonds, so added it. Walnut or pecans also works fine.
- The dried fruits also can be your favourite.
- you can replace vanilla with a pinch cinnamon powder too.