Guacamole is a popular Mexican dip, with avocado as main ingredient. It can be used as spread in sandwiches, wraps or even use in a salad.
Avocado is introduced to me by a friend of mine here in Singapore. She had made avocado milkshake. But I was bit hesitant to taste.
But so many years after that, now again Anu (friend through blogging) asked me to try out the fruit.
She just pushed me to try her avocado spinach pasta and told we can even make this dip.
So I searched in Tastespotting for the recipe and referred few to make this. I opted for chunky version as I love it this way. You can make the same by grinding the avocado smoothly.
This is a healthy alternative dip recipe for other cheesy rich dips. Avocado gives a rich texture in this. I tried to make it more like a salsa dip 😉
Not a traditional recipe, but my own version of avocado dip – Guacamole. So simple recipe, with few ingredients
Recipe Cuisine: Continental | Recipe Category: Side dish
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 0 mins | Serves: 2
Ripe avocado - 1
Onion - ½
Tomato - 1
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Lemon - 1
Green chilli - 2
Salt - to taste
- Cut the avocado into two halves and take out the seeds.Scoop the pulp with spoon.
2. Meanwhile, you can chop finely onion, tomato, coriander leaves and green chillies. Mash the avocado roughly.
3. Mix everything together with a fork and add lime/lemon juice, salt to it and mix well.
- I used a fork to mash the avocado for getting a rough texture, you can grind the avocado smoothly for more creamier texture.
- To make it indianinzed, you can add chaat masala in it 😉
- Choose avocado that has black skin, which means its ripe. If you get black spotted ones, then if you keep it for 2-3 days it would turn black skinned.
We had it with tostitos. You can serve it with any chips, tortilla chips, nachoas … Yummy and healthy!
Check out my avocado crema recipe.