Gulkand milkshake, a simple, delicious and flavorful summer cooler which kids and others at home would enjoy this summer.
Rose petal jam
Actually, Gulkand is a sweet jam like condiment made up of panneer rose (baby pink pure rose variety or the dark pink ones we get locally) and honey. The petals are separated, cleaned pat dried/ shadow dried and soaked in honey for about 2 weeks. Don't forget to keep in sun and stir everyday.
It is so good for health and said to be body coolant as well. This is my favorite in my childhood. At times, mom makes at home on her own by soaking it in honey. But I had no patience at all for that to get soaked well, we will finish it even before it is well soaked.
I wanted to use the gulkand I have and was thinking about this milkshake. I made this with roohafza, but you can make it with rose syrup. Roohafza has a strong flavor of kewra along with rose flavor I feel. So using it to finish it off too.
Very simple and easy milkshake. Ice cream is optional as well.
- 1 cup Milk chilled – 1 cup
- 2 teaspoon Gulkand Preserved rose petal jam
- 2 teaspoon Rose syrup
- 1 scoop of Ice cream optional, Vanila or rose flavor
- Take gulkand, milk and rose syrup in a mixer and blend well. You can add ice cream while blending too.
- Once frothy, pour it in the serving glass and top with ice cream, little syrup (if not added before)
- You can add rose water too and add sugar while blending, instead of adding any syrup.
1. Take gulkand, milk and rose syrup in a mixer and blend well. You can add ice cream while blending too.
2. Once frothy, pour it in the serving glass and top with ice cream, little syrup (if not added before)
Serve immediately cold!
Wthr V hav to use boiled milk? And one more doubt raks wat s roofazha ? Any brand name r else anything
Since now all milk we get are homogenized and pasteurized, its is not compulsory to boil milk. Roohafza has rose flavour plus kewra flavour together. You can use any rose syrup (sweetened)
Thanks a lot 🙂
How to make rose syrup