After a weekly shopping, I wanted to make a different from my usual south Indian lunch menu, so asked Vj what to make. He suggested hakka noodles and chilli paneer dry. So I did the same with his favorite mango sago dessert
Lunch menu 35 – Hakka noodles, Chilli paneer and Mango sago
Recipe Cuisine: Oriental/ Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 1 Hr 30 mins | Cook time: 1 Hr | Serves: 3
- Soak sago 1 hr before you are going to cook. I first prepared the dessert and kept refrigerated. Its better to make the dessert first and keep it in the fridge as it is supposed to be taken cold.
- Finely chop some ripe mangoes for mango sago and keep it refrigerated too.
- Chop veggies for hakka noodles, spring onion, capsicum for both hakka noodles and chilli paneer. Keep all the other ingredients like coriander leaves, spring onion for garnish.
- Meanwhile you can side by side boil water and cook noodles, keep aside.
- Heat oil and prepare batter for deep frying paneer cubes. Deep fry and keep aside.
- First prepare hakka noodles and keep in a hot pack.
- Then toss chilli paneer and serve hot your family as these are supposed to be consumed hot. Lastly treat your family with the dessert, with freshly chopped mangoes.
Simple lunch with hakka noodles, chilli paneer dry and mango sago dessert.
Check out the recipes