Paneer soda? It can be new to so many of you! I knew there is one such drink even when I was a kid, through my mom, drooling when she says paneer soda. It’s not the paneer – Indian cottage cheese, but this is rose water – Panneer!
It is used in Indian weddings by sprinkling over people to welcome guests. Also for mixing sandalwood powder and for puja purposes too. I so so love the fragrance of panneer. Be it in the rose ice (the triangle popsicles we get those days during summer) or any other sweets like jangri, I just go crazy about eating it.
And this panneer soda is also not an exception! I had a chance to drink it only 2 years back near a temple (Ettukudi) and loved it a lot. So only once that time, after that I had no luck drinking panneer soda.
Meanwhile here in SG, in pastamania we get Italian lychee soda (litchi as we say), which will be more like panneer soda only that, this will be more sweet. So I thought of trying my own panneer soda at home. And thought it would be helpful for all panneer soda lovers to try on their own. It’s so simple and easy just 4 ingredients, you have delicious thirst quencher for this summer!
Check out my other drinks using soda:
paneer soda recipe
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Rose water/ panneer pure
- Plain soda - As needed for serving
- Bring water and sugar to boil, continue boiling in medium flame for 3 minutes. Cool down.
- Add rose essence and stir well. Once cooled down, you can store it in airtight bottles and refrigerate it.
- When ever needed, at the time of serving, add 3 tblsp or 4 tblsp over few ice cubes placed in a glass as per your sweet preference and add chilled plain soda over it and mix well.
- You can replace rose essence with rose water we get in stores. In that case, use 2-3 tblsp in place of 3 drops of essence, as rose water is slightly diluted.
- Another way for enjoying this drink – if you have rose syrup at home, you can use that as well along with soda.
- Use always good quality essence. Consume as soon as you add the soda to enjoy the great taste. Always serve chilled.
Paneer soda method:
- Bring water and sugar to boil, continue boiling in medium flame for 3 minutes. Cool down. Add rose essence or rose water , stir well.
- Once cooled down, you can store it in airtight bottles and refrigerate it.
- Whenever needed, at the time of serving, add 3 tbsp or 4 tbsp over few ice cubes placed in a glass as per your sweet preference and add chilled plain soda over it and mix well.
Consume as soon as you add the soda to enjoy the great taste. Always serve chilled.