Honeydew melon granita is easy to prepare, we can use fresh fruits, no fatty ingredients and yet delicious, perfect treats for summer!
You can make this same with kirini pazham too. This is one I tried for my collection to thozhi Magazine and instantly loved it.
So I decided I should blog it sure here. The sweet smell of this granita is un believable.
Surprise your family and treat them this summer with this granita, I am sure you are gonna be appreciated.
This is so simple and easy to make, amazing taste and fun making it too. So try it out and send me your feedback!
1. Scoop the pulp of the melon with a ladle or just cut and slice off the skin, chop the fruit roughly and grind it with lemon juice.
2. Grind smoothly and pour it in a freezer safe, flat and broad box. Mix in the lemon zest. Freeze for an hour and again take it out, wipe the sides inside the box especially corners, that would have started to freeze.
3. Again freeze overnight or minimum 6 hours and use a fork to scrap the frozen mixture and serve immediately.
For serving, you can freeze the serving bowl too to avoid melting soon. Delicious!
Honeydew melon recipe
- 2 cups Honeydew melon chopped roughly
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon Lemon zest
- Scoop the pulp of the melon with a ladle or just cut and slice off the thick skin, chop the fruit roughly and grind it with lemon juice.
- Grind smoothly and pour it in a freezer safe, flat and broad box.
- Mix in the lemon zest. Freeze for an hour and again take it out, wipe the sides inside the box especially corners, that would have started to freeze.
- Again freeze overnight or minimum 6 hours and use a fork to scrap the frozen mixture and serve immediately.
- You can skip both lemon and lemon zest and make it same way. It tastes great too.
While freezing, refrain opening the freezer door often.
- Granita is supposed to be grainy, so make sure you scrap with fork and there should not be any lumps too.
Last click is quite catchy with the Towel 😀 i loved it
Yumm! I did this for this weekend with water melon.. Very refreshing.. My kids eat with ice cream 🙂 double treat
Delicious...great way to include fruits
Wats lemoin zest
Mmmmmm, yum yum chiller for summer
Grate the skin of a whole lemon slightly to get the yellow scrapings of it. Its called lemon zest.
this looks so good... the pictures are superb...
very tempting Raji....
Low caloric summer dessert,well done.
Sure.Will try it.
Looks delicious dear...
granita looks wonderful.Such a fantastic cooler for this summer .
Havent tasted this fruits....looks creamy and tempting
Looks very refreshing! Congrats on your Recipe feature in Thozi!
can I use mango?
can i use papaya instead of honeydew melon?
You can try
Made it today. Awesome. The lemon juice and zest give it such a pleasant twist. Yummy.
Thank you for the feedback 🙂