I was thinking for so long time for making this one in microwave oven,to be true I was scared to try,but last night, I took this as a challenge and tried and the result was perfect! So for my own event,I am contributing this…. Since the stepwise pictures are many I made it as a collage… If any body wants to try this, and have any doubt,please feel free to contact me…And I am assuring you that this will come out very nice 🙂
Just make sure to be around while cooking as different microwaves have different power, so cooking time varies.
There is also difference between microwave safe bowl and microwave safe cooking vessels. So make sure to use that is meant for cooking, not reheating ones.
|Paneer,cut in to cubes, thawed||1 cup|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||3/4 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||For garnishing|
|Ghee/butter/oil||2 tblsp (or less,Ur choice)|
|Cinnamon||1 inch piece|
- Soak cashew nut in warm water for 1/2 an hour and grind to a smooth paste,keep aside.
- Boil water and add the paneer cubes( should get immersed in water) and keep closed till use.
- Remove the head part and tail part of the onion and dont peel off the skin, keep this in the microwave oven in high for 2 mins.
- Take it out and keep aside for(standing time 2 min),after it cools down, remove the skin and cut into cubes.
- Onion should have turned transparent and cooked well.
- Grind this with the tomato(chopped) to a smooth paste,keep a side.
- Take a tsp of oil,in a microwavable glass bowl and add the dry spices under the to temper table and heat it in the microwave oven in high for 2 minutes.
- Then carefully add the ground onion tomato paste,a tblsp of ghee,ginger garlic paste and stir well and cook this covered for 4 minutes in high power.
- Add all the powders and stir well and again cook in high for another 4 minutes,stir in between once to avoid burning in the sides of the vessel.
- Then again stir well and add the ground cashew paste,remaining oil/ghee/butter and cook for 2 mins in microwave high.
- Stir well and again cook for 2 mins,stirring in between once.
- Then add a half cup of milk little by little and stir carefully well,without forming any lumps.
- Then add another 1/2 cup milk and mix well and cook in high for 3 minutes.
- Stir well and add the remaining milk and cook in high for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes lastly, mix carefully and give a boil for 2 minutes in high power.
- Give a two minute standing time.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and transfer to serving bowl and serve with roties/pulav or parathas…!!!
This is also being called as maida omlete by many,thats because I think the texture is similar to the egg omlete…This is my hubby’s favorite,in fact my in-laws all like this…I saw this in Simple Indian Food blog ,who is hosting the event,but made a bit changes too….Maida is not too good for health,you can have this once in a while,no harm…very easy to make with simple ingredients…My hubby will have this with sugar and curd!
If you are too health conscious, you can replace maida with wheat flour,only thing is you have to add chopped onions to it as it would be too bland…or else you can mix 50/50 maida and wheat flour also and make this dosa…I
Happy to send this to our blogger friend’s event MBP – Easy Breezy Breakfast
!, Orignally started in The Spice Cafe by coffee!
|Maida/all purpose flour||1 cup|
|Rice flour||1/4 cup|
|Curry leaves,coriander leaves||1 sprig each|
|1.||Mix all the ingredients above with required water. |
The consistency should be thin.(Slightly thicker than how we have for rava dosa)
|2.||Spread 1/2 tsp oil evenly on a hot tava and pour first in the outer circle then fill the inner part.(Should be thin) .Cook in medium flame.|
|3.||Flip the dosa after 1 1/2 minute. And cook for another minute the other side too. And after done transfer to the serving dish!|
|4.||Serve with sambhar/chutney…or your choice of accompaniment:) |
Taste great even with sugar/curd!!
Meanwhile,put on your thinking cap to send in something for my event MEC:PANEER.!! Only 10 days more!!