Butter popcorn is really easy to prepare at home if you have quality popcorn kernels. Learn how to make popcorn at home with full video and step by step pictures.
Popcorn is the one most of us look out for when we go for movies. Weather it is Sathyam cinemas popcorn or the simple salt and turmeric popcorn, sweet popcorn, we all love to munch on. We can make popcorn at home easily if you get these popcorn kernels. Here in Singapore, I have seen these dry corn kernels in fairprice though was not interested in buying one. Got this long time back reading it as popcorn kernels in the pack and gave a try too. Was amazed how simple it is to prepare at home.
So if you too get dry corn kernels, do give it a try. Using virgin coconut oil is an excellent idea that I adapted from here. It smells awesome and not greasy at all. Adding butter is optional, you can just toss in some salt and have it for healthy version.
Step by step pictures:
- Heat coconut oil in a large heavy, flat bottomed pan. Add the corn kernels once oil is hot.
- Close the lid immediately and give a slight shake. It will start to pop.
- Slightly open the lid for steam to escape.Once the popping interval reduces, switch off the flame.
- Transfer to another bowl and add butter to the pan so that it melts in the heat.Pour over popcorn and add salt.
- Toss well immediately with lid. Mix and serve fresh.
Enjoy flavourful homemade popcorn!