How to make lemongrass black tea with step by step pictures. An easy and flavourful black tea made with fresh lemongrass.
I became a big fan of lemongrass tea when I had it for the very first time at Bali. It was served as welcome drink at our stay but had no idea what it was. It was so refreshing and served cold. Later when we went around there, we had a stop at one manufacturer where they also served this flavourful lemongrass drink. Later we got instant mix for the same and came.
After that we kept buying lemongrass tea bags and had but never thought to try with fresh lemongrass. Last week my relative told me to try this. First time I didn’t know the knack and the tea turned out bitter. I added too much tea powder. Then after few trials, realised should add less tea powder. Though hot tea is perfectly tasty, I love to have it cold the best. But at times, I could not wait until it gets chilled. So have it hot. You can add lemon juice if you like. Good as such too.
Step by step pictures
- Wash and chop lemongrass. Crush slightly.
- Boil water and add tea powder. Simmer just for a minute.
- Add the lemongrass to the tea. Switch off the flame.
- Keep it covered for 2-3 minutes. Let the lemongrass steep well and flavours get infused in the tea.
- Filter, add sugar and mix. Lemongrass tea is ready.
You can enjoy hot or bring to room temperature, top over ice cubes and serve chilled. I love a dash of lemon in my tea.