Paneer cutlet is a easy, quick to prepare snack idea for evening. Full video, step by step detailed pictures of no onion no garlic paneer cutlet recipe.
I have tried paneer cutlet only once before this. Have not thought making cutlet with paneer until when I tasted in Bikanervala when Aj ordered it. I liked the way they had shaped into hearts, wanted to try the same way but somehow forgot and made a regular shape. Last time when I tried after seeing a Youtube video was with onion, I wanted to make a no onion no garlic version, so used the same recipe as in my paneer pasanda recipe. But since this is had as snack, I added masala powders to make it more flavourful and tasty.
It turns out super soft and delicious. I thought I should make this often. I kept the recipe simple without any additions other than potato, but you can fortify with carrot or other veggies. But make sure to chop really fine, otherwise you will have difficult time keeping the cutlet in shape while cooking.
How to make paneer cutlet:
- Pressure cook potato and crumble/ grate for even mixing.
- Keep paneer immersed in hot water until soft (20 mins). Drain water, crumble in a mixer.
- Take crumbled paneer in a mixing bowl. Add potato, maida, very finely chopped green chilli and coriander leaves, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder, turmeric powder, required salt. Mix well.
- Divide into equal sized balls. Shape into cutlets (Your favorite shape).
- In a shallow dish, make a paste of maida with little water, salt. The paste should not be too thick.
- Dip the shaped cutlets in maida paste, coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in kadai and deep fry in batches until golden. Drain in paper towel.